A HNW family living in Chelsea, London are looking for a weekend nanny to join their family. This is a part time role, but the family will pay extremely well for the right level of long-term support. You must hold a driving licence as there will be some driving required as part of this role.
The busy family has a daughter aged 5 and a baby due in the next few weeks. The 5-year-old is happy, playful and independent, with a great sense of humour, in a well-established routine. They have a full time Norland nanny who works during the week and have a much loved weekend nanny who has been with the family for many years. Due to personal reasons she is moving on, but is in no hurry - so the family are keen to find the right person to replace her with. They have a full staffed house, and have a busy routine and daily week. When the baby is born the family will have a maternity nurse to work specifically with the baby, but you should be comfortable around babies if required to lend a hand. During the weekend the parents are more regularly in the family home, and love to take an active role of being with their child(ren). They have no pets in the family home. They have a property in Henley, and they enjoy taking regular trips, either at the weekend or during the summer. This is an excellent role for a flexible nanny who is equally comfortable mucking in with a busy family or looking after the children independently.
- Care of one 5-year-old girl and a new-born due in July 2018, to include feeding, dressing, bathing, playing, tidying up after, cooking for etc.
- Continue to execute the child’s regular schedule as set out by the weekday nanny and develop this as the child’s needs change.
- Provide innovative and fun educational and intellectual stimulation - from visits to the park and local clubs/classes to arts/crafts/gardening/baking at home.
- Assist with school homework.
- The care type may be a mixture of shared and sole charge; the parents will be around at the weekend and as such the nanny will be expected to fit in with their plans.
- Ongoing household maintenance such as loading/emptying dishwasher, cleaning kitchen surfaces, making children’s beds, tidying up toys etc.
- Travel to their Oxfordshire country property may be required, on occasion. Travel abroad on family holidays may also be required.
This is a live out role so no accommodation would be provided unless you are asked to provide an overnight proxy-parenting (if the family are away without the children). If you are working at the family property in Henley then you are welcome to stay overnight at this property if you prefer. The main family residence is in Chelsea, London.
Friday afternoon (4pm onwards) Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays. You will be expected to cover the week day nanny’s annual leave. Friday 4pm start, Sunday 7pm finish. Typically you'll finish at 7pm each day, but if the parents are away you may be required for babysitting or overnight/proxy-parenting. (Total working days per year approx 140)
You should speak an excellent level of English.
- Significant experience in a similar role is required.
- Willing to be flexible and help as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, flexibility regarding working hours and location and light housekeeping duties for the household.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be comfortable working on their own as well as alongside the children’s parents.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in partnership with other members of the household e.g. weekday nanny and housekeeper.
- The successful candidate will be sensitive to the family’s privacy and be understanding of the family’s desire to, at times, spend time alone.
- Diligent and attentive to the family’s needs.
- Soft, gentle and positive nature is essential; the ideal candidate will be caring and loving.
- Very proactive, energetic and responsible individual, who prides themselves on integrity and loyalty.
- Immaculate personal presentation.
- Discretion and flexibility are essential.
- Full clean driving licence.
Salary is flexible and negotiable depending on background and experience. A full time equivalent salary will be paid. The family will pay very, very well in order to find the right person for the role - to give the family long-term support. You should be willing to have only this as your job, with flexibility to cover week days if the full time nanny is ever sick or on holiday, and also for all bank holidays. The family will pay an extremely high salary to allow you to be fully committed to this role. Travel outside of the set days/hours will be paid in overtime.
ASAP - the couple are interviewing now and keen to find the right person to interview/trial/hire. The family are in no hurry to hire, as their current weekend nanny is in no rush to leave - but when the right person is found they can start when appropriate.