A famous estate in RG7 West Berkshire, are looking for an urgent temporary housekeeper. You should be available to start work the week commencing the 1st of October and be available for either 1, 2 or 3 months work (the family are flexible). You can either live in or live out (or flexi) for the booking.
A famous estate, this has been a family run property for multiple generations. Set on impressive land, it is both impressive and historic. On the family estate are multiple properties, small holdings and outbuildings. A large team manage the estate. The father is in the public eye and is well known. The mother and children reside at the property. This impressive and historic estate is world renowned, and their current housekeeper who is retiring has been with the family for more than twenty years. Their current housekeeper is moving on, and whilst they are looking for a full time placement they want to get temporary cover.
- All housekeep duties along with the other team members of the estate
- To clean and polish floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets, rugs and upholstery, dust and polish furniture, fixtures
- Bathroom, kitchens, windows
- To make up beds and change linens as required and to manage all laundry including washing, ironing and storage and arrange dry cleaning service as required.
- Ensuring all cleaning materials and tools are kept in good condition and replaced when needed
- Light sewing or alternations to fabric/clothing
- To take care of the family dog, including walking, feeding and washing.
- To check and purchase groceries and household supplies to maintain adequate levels and maintain record of related expenditure.
- To plan and cook domestic meals for the family and on occasions for guests, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- To act as host for any guest, visitors or contractors arriving at the premise and take collection of post and other deliveries as required (ensuring they are passed on the addressee).
- To liaise closely with the Head Gardener to coordinate the growing of fruit and vegetables in the garden and delivery of produce ready for use in the kitchen throughout the seasons.
- Answer the telephone, taking and passing on messages promptly.
- To conduct other reasonable tasks at the request of the family, that ensures the smooth running of the premises.
The family estate is in West Berkshire, RG7. If you choose to live in for the booking you'll be provided self-contained accommodation. The accommodation is part of the main estate but fully private. If you are local they will consider live out candidates as this is a temporary booking.
40 hours per week, with flexibility for additional hours as and when required. Thursday through to Monday (with occasional weekends off). You should be flexible to cover some evenings, bank holidays and nights when agreed in advance.
You should speak a good level of English.
You do not need to be able to drive for this temporary booking, however this estate is quite rural so you should be happy with this. If you drive access to a car can be provided.
- £500-£650 gross per week
- Use of car if you do not have your own
ASAP - You should be available from the 1st of October and be available for at least one month, or two or three.