A family near Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 are looking for an Under Butler to join their family home. This would suit a candidate who is looking to start their career as a Butler. This role is live in, live out, or flexi depending on your preferences. You need a driving licence for this role.
• £40,000 – £50,000 gross per year depending on experience.
• You will be provided with a single bedroom flat, self-contained in the main house, or a self contained property on the grounds if you decide to live in.
A family are looking for an Under Butler. This is a fully staffed household, and they are now looking for an Under Butler to work alongside their team, to learn and expand their experience of Butlering in a private household. They would like a butler to join their residence to help with service in all aspects of the home, from family life through to guest services and front of house service. The couple have older children who visit the house regularly with their own children. This is a fully staffed household. The family also have lots of dogs so you must be happy around animals for this role.
You should be highly professional, capable, and have experience in front of house. You must be flexible and reliable as plans change frequently, and often at short notice. You should have excellent communication skills and experience liaising with other members of staff. You will be serving at all meals, dinner parties, and events. You will be meeting and greeting guests and ensuring that the principals and their guests have everything they need. You should be immaculately presented, professional and a discreet individual who understands the importance of confidentiality. Your duties will include:
• Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals
• Serving food and drinks, ensuring proper service at all times
• Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain, and crystal wares
• Managing and maintaining employers' wardrobes (ensuring clothes are washed, pressed and arranged, shoes polished etc.)
• Preparing luggage, packing/unpacking if required
• Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines, cigars etc
• Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays
• Understanding, promoting, and defending household protocols among staff and guests
• Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories of valuables
• Welcoming guests
The estate is based near Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7. This is a live-in, or live out role, or flexi-arrangement, and you will be provided with a single bedroom flat, self-contained in the main house or a self contained property on the grounds if you decide to live in. If you live out, you should be able to commute easily to the property each day.
- Working Monday – Friday
- 40 hours per week
- Working a split shift from 7am – 10pm, with a break during the day
- Flexibility is key for this role
- Overtime will be either paid or given as time in lieu
You must speak a good level of English to communicate with the family.
Total professionalism, Butler skills and a high level of discretion and ability to work well with others.
The family are interviewing now for the right person to start ASAP. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.