A friendly family of four based in Notting Hill, London, W11 are looking for a new nanny/housekeeper to help look after the children and their home in a full-time role. This is a live-out role. You must live within an easily commutable distance. You must speak Tagalog in order to apply for this role.
- £55,000 - £68,000 gross per year
- Monday to Friday, with the opportunity to earn additionally with overtime and babysitting
- Fully employed with pension and long-term stability
This lovely family comprises of busy parents and two young boys, aged 3 years and 1 year old. The family lives in a stunning five-storey townhouse in Notting Hill, the property has four stunning bedrooms and five bathrooms. The family has a beloved small dog and cat so you must be happy working around animals. The family's current full-time housekeeper/nanny is moving on, and they are keen to find a new long-term member of staff to work for their home. They have another part-time housekeeper who comes daily (1pm - 6pm), and a part-time weekly cleaner, so you should be happy to work as part of a team.
The ideal candidate should be both happy to do housekeeping and care for little children. The right candidate will be very efficient and organised with the household, as well as kind and gentle with the children whilst offering firm boundaries. You should be fun and flexible, willing to follow the family's approach with how they wish their children to be brought up.
The mother is very hands-on and around most of the day, so the role will be both shared and occasionally sole charge, when mum is out. You should be able to keep the children’s routine and house in order. The 1-year-old naps twice a day and will be starting Nursery a few mornings a week in September, and three-year-old naps once a day before he goes to Nursery. The afternoon housekeeper will also sometimes helps with the children at dinner and bath time.
You should be able to multi-task and happy to muck in to get whatever job done so we can continue to keep the family house to a high standard of organisation/ cleanliness and tidiness.
Nannying duties will include:
- Helping to take care of the children on a day-to-day basis, helping with routine, changing, getting ready for nursery, playing, feeding, taking on walks/playground/nursery occasionally.
- Cooking all the meals for the kids (lunch and dinner) and also freezing batches for the weekend.
- Babysitting occasionally – once every other week.
- Travelling with the family on holiday.
- Help with packing/organising trips
- Keeping children’s rooms organised
- Potty training
Housekeeping duties will include:
- Cleaning up/ tidying (along with another daily housekeeper who comes 1pm-6pm, and additional cleaner two afternoons a week) This will include laundry, beds, hoovering if needed, bins, washing down the front of the house every morning and evening, putting the rubbish out for collection.
- Deep cleaning every so often (when there is time) – kitchen cupboards, descaling kettle, organising cupboards, cleaning fridge
- Managing orders – writing lists of anything that needs replacing, weekly food orders for Ocado/Amazon.
- Replacing batteries in toys
- Feeding dog/cat
The family are based in Notting Hill, London, W11. This is a live-out role and you must live within an easily commutable distance.
- Working Monday to Friday, 7:30am - 6:30pm
- You should be happy to do occasional overtime hours or babysitting, this would be agreed in advance and will be paid as overtime
You should speak English fluently to communicate with the family. You should also speak Tagalog in order to communicate with the other household staff.
You should also be confident in both childcare and housekeeping. You should be friendly and happy to be a part of family life. You must have experience looking after children of this age range.
The family are interviewing now for the right person. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.