For our ever growing training department we are looking for new, experienced Silver Service, Butler, Etiquette and House/Yacht Management trainers to join our training team. This is a freelance, ad-hoc role with bookings as and when they come up.
Polo & Tweed provide open courses and private training, in 1-1 and group settings all over the world. We train group and private bookings from our venus in Windsor and Reading and we train private bookings in client picked venues (for example their private home, yacht, hotel etc).
- To work with the P&T team, reading the timetable, and preparing your teaching using our teaching notes and course materials prior to each training booking. Polo & Tweed provide extensive teaching plans and teaching notes to follow, as well as all needed props, module handbooks and powerpoint presentation slides.
- You should be able to understand the brief of a client who will come to us for training, and prepare the specific teaching courses accordingly.
- During client bookings we may come to you for specific guidance on props, location and duration of course, and it will be your job to help us determine the length and type of training needed for the client.
- During the training, besides following the teaching manual and covering all selected topics, you should be able to pick up on specific aspects that need more fine tuning, and provide a comprehensive, professional and stimulation training according to the Polo & Tweed training guidelines and handbooks.
- You should have a passion and real eye for detail - and enjoy to share your knowledge and experience with the students. You should be respectful for all backgrounds and cultures and be able to adjust when working with students whose English is not their first language.
- At the end of the course you will give the students a written and practical exam after which they either pass or fail the course.
- You should command a strong sense of authority, able to guide and teach, and inspire.
Completely variable depending on the training. Our open group courses tend to run for 3-5 days, on a Friday-Saturday-Sunday, or Monday-Tuesday. This can vary and might be subject to change. Private training can range from a couple of hours to several days/weeks. Ideally you should be flexible (if we give you at least 1-2 weeks notice) to work from 1 day up to 5 days in a row, occasionally (rarely) more. Occasionally we have overseas bookings and we will arrange those dates in advance for you.
You should speak a excellent level of English. You will be representing the school and we teach, write and communicate in English.
- You should be considered ‘the best’ in your field – have a longstanding history working the domestic/private household and/or hospitality industry, and used to working to a 7 star level of service.
- You should be able to read, speak and write English fluently in able to understand our notes.
- You should have reasonable IT skills in order to manage the laptop and work a powerpoint presentation, connecting the computer to wifi etc.
- If you have experience in a teaching/training environment this will be a big plus, as we will want you to provide a fun, positive, welcome and stimulating teaching environment from beginner to professional level.
- Ideally you should be based in the Greater London, Windsor or Reading area but we are open to applications outside of this. However around 70% of our training takes place in Greater London or our training venues in Windsor and Reading.
Varied day rates depending on the training. Travel and accommodation might be covered depending on training location. We are currently looking for UK based applications for teacher training days.
The next Training Assessment Day will take place on the 17th of October 2019, in Windsor. Other days might be added but this is the main day for the foreseeable future.