A family based near Kensington, London, W8 is looking for a reliable, and experienced Senior Housekeeper to join their team. This is a live-out role. You must have a full driving license for this role, an automatic car will be provided.
- £45,000 - £49,000 gross per year depending on experience
- There will be a few driving duties required as part of the role, namely short trips to the family’s other property in London. An automatic car will be provided.
The family have 4 children and they also have a lovely dog, so you must be child and pet friendly. This is a fully staffed household (house manager, chef, three other housekeepers and a laundress etc), and the family are looking for a senior housekeeper to manage the team and make sure the house is impeccable at all times. The home is a newly renovated 6 storey property, decorated with luxury furnishings (brass, marble etc) and fine art. You must be happy to lead by example and be hands on with a positive attitude. The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience and should be wanting to settle into a long term role.
The family is looking for a responsible and proactive senior housekeeper. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the daily upkeep of the home and overseeing the housekeeping team. It is important that you are meticulous with a keen attention to detail, discreet, flexible, and a good communicator with a professional attitude. You should have strong initiative with a proactive attitude – swiftly reporting any issues to the house manager.
The family has another property a short drive away and you should be happy and confident to drive some supplies to the other property. An automatic car will be provided for this.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the housekeeping team
- Prepare rosters
- Making sure the house is cleaned and always organised
- High level of knowledge regarding the best products to use on fabrics and surfaces (brass, marble etc)
- Knowledgeable in caring for luxury items including fine art and antiques
- Assist with packing and unpacking
- Responsible for organising all linen stock: bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen
- Knowledge of taking care of fine art, marble, expensive furniture, and antiques
- Brass and silver polishing
- Assist with breakfast, lunch, and dinner set-up
- Assist the kitchen during dinner parties and functions
- Greeting guests
- Running errands for the household, such as grocery shopping.
- Notify the family or house manager of any damage and issues around the house
This is a live-out role so you should live within an easily commutable distance of Kensington, London, W8.
- Working 5 days a week, including one/two weekends every month (with two days off during the week on these occasions)
- Working with the team on a rolling rota system. The shifts are either from 7:30am – 4:30pm and from 10:30am - 7:30pm, with a 30-minute lunch break
- You should be happy to do occasional overtime hours, this would be agreed in advance and will be given as time in lieu
You must speak a good level of English to communicate with the family.
The candidate should have a wealth of experience working as a housekeeper within private households. You must have a strong knowledge of how to care for luxury furnishings and delicate items. It is vital that you are happy to lead the team by example, with a hands on proactive attitude.
The family are doing interviews now for the right candidate to start ASAP. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.