A luxury chalet group, which owns a number of high end chalets in Val D'isere, France, is now looking for a lovely resort manager to join their team. This is a full time position.
- £35 - 45,000 gross per year
- Fully Employed
- Accommodation in the resort (should it be required). They can also accommodate a family if required.
- Ski pass
- 20 days plus 8 days bank holiday (happy to negotiate)
- Fully Employed
A luxury chalet company based in Val D'isere with a number of luxury chalets is looking for a full time resort manager to join their team. They deal with HNW and VIP clients, who visit their chalets for skiing trips over the winter season. The chalets are complete luxury, with beautiful accommodation, food and service. With a large team of staff, they are keen to find a knowledgeable and long-term member of staff to help manage help run their impressive company.
- You should be an experienced manager, either in boutique hotels, private families, chalets etc.
- Extensive knowledge of 5-star service and dining – preferably hotel management background.
- Hands on staff selection, training and management experience.
- Proven property management experience.
- Extensive operational/logistical experience.
- Budgeting and accounting experience a bonus.
- Establish team requirements; set up recruitment programme; recruit staff and organise applicable administration for their employment. Continued HR role during their employment. Overall management of staff.
- Organise resort set up for each season – includes product, chalets, transport company and staff.
- Operate in-resort training programme and management of staff and product during the winter season to maintain high standards.
- Ensure our guests are cared for with exemplary service and close attention to detail. Manage in-resort guest relations.
- Regular (weekly) chalet checks and staff meetings during the winter season. Staff morale and ongoing training/motivation.
- Manage all supplier relations to the benefit and development of the company.
- Manage all of our Val D’Isère properties – work with General Manager (GM) to prepare all developments/maintenance/improvements.
- Organise resort close after each season – cleaning, storage, inventories, summer prep and vehicles.
- Responsible to: General Manager, based between Val D’Isère, France and Edinburgh, Scotland.
During the winter you will be based in Val D'isere and staff accommodation can be provided should it be required. During the summer months, you'll be commuting back and forth from their HQ in the UK from France.
- Summer: Working 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, your hours will be more fluid and flexible and as long as the duties as performed then you'll be able to work the hours you wish
- Winter: Mid-November through to December is a very busy period, with settling in the new staff across the chalets. You'll work weekends, but you'll have at least one day, if not more off each week. Again the hours can be flexible, if you enjoy skiing, you can take the afternoon off to ski/rest, working a morning and evening shift. Or you can work a set day, finishing early.
You must speak a good level of English. If you speak fluent, or conversational French this is a bonus.
If you hold a driving licence this is also a bonus but not required.
Interviews starting, with flexibility to start between April to June 2019