A busy family of four are looking for a new long-term part-time housekeeper to look after their property in Twickenham, London, TW1. The family home is easy to reach via public transport.
- £16 - £20 gross per hour depending on experience
- Fully employed, with pension contributions
- Overtime paid for any babysitting and additional hours worked
The family live in Twickenham, London, TW1 in a five bedroom detached house over three floors. The family consists of mum, dad and 9-year-old twins. There is also one small well behaved dog, so the family are looking for someone who likes dogs, is affectionate with them and happy to work around them. They are looking for a housekeeper who is an energetic, methodical, detail-conscious individual with very high personal standards and who is proactive towards their approach to work.
The housekeeper's role is to proactively manage the household ensuring a clean, tidy and well-maintained home. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining an excellent standard of cleaning using plans developed by the family. These would include plans for: Daily tasks, Weekly tasks, Monthly tasks, Holiday / Spring clean tasks
- Seek to ensure items are placed away and do not accumulate
- Proactively raise questions as to where items are to be kept
- Create storage solutions
- Provide special care to the floors (tiled, wood) following manufacturers instructions and proactively developing effective cleaning solutions : suggesting new equipment as required
- Provide special care to fabrics (sofas, curtains) creating rotas for external cleaning as necessary
- Put away groceries and maintain larder
- Rotate summer and winter wardrobes
- Provide support with laundry
- Ironing clothes according to priority
- Flagging if clean supply of key items is running short
- Organising wardrobes for ease of access
- Able to attend to basic sewing and alterations tasks
- Retain an ongoing list of handyman tasks
- Maintain excellent communications with family, proactively raising household issues and seeking ways to continually improve household management
- Very occasional dog walking if both Principals are out
- Not essential but potential for monthly or more regular babysitting for Friday / Saturday nights and happy to give Housekeeper this regular commitment if they would like it (ie salaried or adhoc)
The family is based in Twickenham, London, TW1. This is a live-out role and you must be able to commute to the property easily. The house is 5-7 mins walk from Strawberry Hill Station. Teddington and Twickenham stations are also within easy reach and the house sits on good bus routes
- Working Monday – Friday, 8.30 – 12.30 (or 8am - 12pm if preferred)
- Regular babysitting hours are available as overtime if you are happy to work additional hours but this is not required
You should speak a good level of English.
You should be an experienced and skilled housekeeper. You should have excellent ironing skills and strong knowledge with regard to the care of fabrics and floors. Needlecraft skills would be helpful for small mending tasks and labelling.
The family is interviewing now for the right person. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.