A professional family living between Reading & Newbury, West Berkshire, RG7 are looking for a part time, long term housekeeper to join their family home. Due to location you must drive and have your own car.
- £14-£18 gross per hour / £210 - £270 per week (15 hours a week)
- 25 days holiday a year pro rata to the number of days a week you attend the property
- 10 days enhanced sick pay
- RAC cover
A professional couple with three young children and two small Cockerpoo dogs. The dogs go in an outside run whilst the housekeeping is done, though you should be dog friendly. The family also have horses, you won’t be expected to have any contact with them, but there may be horse hair about. Both parents work full time, they have a full time nanny who has been with them for the last 3 years and the grounds are managed by the gardeners. They have had a very dear housekeeper who has now decided to retire and so the family are keen to find a new housekeeper who will be with them for many years to come.
- You will be responsible for all the housekeeping, cleaning, looking after the house, some laundry and a little ironing. The family home has seven bedrooms plus an annex, spread over 3 floors which has recently been renovated. A core set of rooms are in regular use with others used much less frequently. You should be confident in caring for marble and chrome, with an eye for detail and high standards.
- You should be willing and happy to run errands such as taking items to the post office when needed. Or occasionally picking up groceries when asked, happy to help wherever needed in the home and able to work on your initiative. You will be responsible for the online grocery shopping.
- Liaising with contractors, such as the window cleaner, organise the carpet cleaner to attend when needed and organise any other repairs needed in the house.
- If you like to cook then you may be asked to help prepare a simple family meal this would be a bonus but not necessary.
- You should be happy to help with feeding and letting the dogs out if asked and on a rare occasion when the family and nanny are away.
This is a live out position and the family are based in a rural location between Reading and Newbury West Berkshire RG7. You should live suitably local to commute.
15 hours total a week, ideally with at least two house visits, their retiring housekeeper currently visits three times a week 5hrs each time. The family are flexible as to when the hours are completed over the week Monday to Friday and 7am to 5pm, but each visit should be for more than 2 hours. If you had children and wanted to work your hours on different days during the school holidays they can accommodate that as well.
You must speak a good level of English.
You must be able to drive due to the location of the property