A down to earth family of 5 who are based near Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire, CV36, are looking for a part-time Gardener/House Person to support them. Due to location, you must have a driving licence to apply for this position. This is a live in, live out, or flexi role depending on your preference.
- £16 - £20 gross per hour depending on experience and overall package
- Working 20 hours each week, over 4 hours each day, OR you can do more hours on fewer days
- A one bedroom cottage can be provided if you chose to live in
- A manual car can be provided for work duties
This busy family have three children, aged eleven, thirteen, and fifteen, who are all at boarding school. You must be an animal lover as the family have 2 terriers, and keep chickens, and have 2 ponies. The home has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, nestled amongst 10 acres of fields and gardens. They have a gardener who works at the property, and are now looking for some additional support. The family enjoys a traditional country lifestyle, so it is important that this suits the Gardener/House Person. The family enjoys many rural pursuits including horse riding and dog walking etc.
The successful candidate must be happy to work in the garden and undertake maintenance within the home. You should be able to assist their gardener with gardening/handy duties. Your duties will include DIY, mowing, strimming, weeding, gutter clearing, bed maintenance, car washing, hedge cutting, and occasional driving.
It is important that you have some experience and are confident in working with horses. You will need to help maintain the animals' spaces, including the chicken coop and stables. When the family travel, you must be happy to dog/house sit and take care of the animals.
The family live near Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire, CV36, a private one bedroom cottage can be provided to you if you require it, or you can live out and commute daily. The cottage has a private entrance and a little garden. Due to size limitations, there is no room for children or pets.
- A total of 20 hours each week with occasional driving and security checks at weekends, to be agreed upon in advance.
- Hours can be topped up working for others who the family are happy to put you in touch with.
- Working 20 hours each week, over 4 hours each day, OR you can do more hours on fewer days.
You must speak a good level of English to communicate with the family.
You must be highly organised and have great attention to detail. You must enjoy working around older children and have experience with animals, especially horses. You must be flexible and show initiative to find and complete tasks.
The family are interviewing now for the right person to start ASAP. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.