A professional couple who are based near Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14, are looking for a part-time domestic couple to work in their home. Due to location, one of you must have a driving licence to apply for this position. This is a live in, live out, or flexi role depending on your preference.
- £18 - £25 gross per hour each depending on experience
- Working 25 hours per week
- Private accommodation in the local area can be provided for the right candidates if required
- A manual car will be provided for work duties
This professional couple travel extensively and are not in residence for the majority of the year. The couple have grown-up children (who live abroad) and no pets, but they occasionally have visits from their grandchildren. They live in a beautiful 4-bedroom and 4-bathroom home. The property is set amongst half an acre of beautiful grounds, which includes a small, woodland area and a swimming pool. The clients already currently employ a chauffeur and a gardener.
The principals enjoy a clean and organised home and are therefore looking for a 5* standard housekeeper with strong attention to detail. You need to care for the house to an extremely high standard, making sure the property is cared for while the family are away and then providing service for the family when they are in residence.
One of you would do general housekeeping tasks like deep cleaning, changing beds, laundry, ironing, and window cleaning.
You would need to be confident in cooking and preparing simple meals for the principals as required. They follow a strict vegetarian diet, and the successful candidate will be happy to prepare dishes for them when they return home from their travels. For example, preparing a cheese platter, a salad, or a homemade soup.
You will be required to run errands and do shopping in preparation for the couple’s return from their travels. You should be confident in liaising with contractors and arranging for any services that might be required.
One of you would be taking care of the property and car maintenance as well as the garden. The garden has a large, landscaped area, a woodland area, and a large patio. You would look after the potted plants and the vegetable patch as the seasons change. You should be happy to help with the maintenance of the swimming pool and training for this can be provided. You should be happy to take care of maintenance tasks around the house such as painting, decorating, and simple repairs. You would be required to maintain and valet the principals' cars regularly.
The couple live near Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14. This position would suit a local couple; however, private accommodation in the local village can be provided.
- Working 25 hours per week. However, flexibility is essential.
- Working Monday – Friday, bank holidays and weekends will occasionally be required. These would be agreed in advance and would be paid in overtime or given back as time in lieu.
- Working mornings between 8:00am – 1:00pm or 9:00am – 2:00pm (whilst couple are in residence). This is somewhat flexible whilst the couple are not in residence.
- When the principals are away, you will be expected to do daily security checks of the property and grounds to ensure everything is in order.
You must speak fluent English to communicate with the family.
The couple must be highly organised and have great attention to detail in relation to housekeeping, maintenance and driving. You must be flexible and show initiative to find and complete tasks.
The couple is interviewing now for the right couple to start ASAP. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.