Two friendly and warm families living close together in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, HP7 are looking for a new, long-term, live out nanny / housekeeper to support the families. You must hold a full driving licence and have your own car to apply for this position.
- £480 gross per week / £24,960 gross p.a. for 32 hours per week
The two families are related and have children who are cousins who regularly spend time together. The two homes are about 5 to 10 minutes’ walk apart. Both families are busy professional households who require support and live in older properties split over 3 floors with 6/7 bedrooms.
Family 1 – Requires mainly comprehensive housekeeping. The mother works from home so you should be able to work independently, discreetly with initiative and be happy to get on. You should be professional and responsible. They have 3 boys ages 11 months, 4yrs and 6yrs old.
Family 2 – Requires nanny duties, including collection from school and some light housekeeping. The mother works part time and they have a housekeeper who visits to do the majority of the housekeeping. You should be supportive of the parents able to re-enforce boundaries set by parents, gentle, calm, kind and nurturing with the children. Flexible, enthusiastic and friendly. They have 2 children boy 4yrs and girl 6yrs.
Typically, the mornings are spent with family 1 and then the afternoon with family 2.
The children do spend time together, but you will never be looking after more than 3 children at any one time.
There are no pets in either household, this is an established role, but due to personal reasons the families’ current nanny / housekeeper is moving on.
Nanny Duties Mainly for Family 2
- School and nursery pick-ups, these are not in walking distance.
- You will not be looking after more than 3 children at any one time.
- Care for the children until parents return from work, feed them, provide activities and meet their needs.
- You should be supportive of the parents able to re-enforce boundaries set by parents, gentle, calm, kind and nurturing with the children. Flexible, enthusiastic and friendly.
- Care for 2 children for approximately 10 full days over the year, arranging suitable activities such as days out and play dates.
Housekeeping for Family 1
- You will be responsible for all housekeeping, keeping the whole house clean and tidy. Dusting, vacuuming, polishing and moping etc.
- You should be confident in the care of delicate surfaces such as antiques, silver and marble and the use of specialist cleaning products.
- All laundry and ironing, to include special care of delicate items of clothing.
- Change, wash and iron bed linen and towels regularly as agreed.
- Carry out wardrobe management for the whole family.
- Keeping a list and informing the principal what cleaning products and supplies are required.
- Sweeping the porch area if required
- You should be happy to run errands such as post office, dry cleaning, school and nursery drop offs/pick ups.
The families live in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, HP7 within 5 or 10 minutes’ walk of one another. This is a live out role.
Four days a week, 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with flexibility to provide babysitting in an evening when agreed in advance and paid as overtime.
After September 2019 hours will be 7.30am to 4.30pm
You should speak a good level of English.
You must have a full driving licence and your own car insured to use for work.
ASAP - their current nanny / housekeeper leaves at the end of April, so the family are keen to have someone in place by then.