We are currently looking for an experienced Recruitment Consultant for a fixed-term 1-year contract to cover maternity leave. This fixed-term contract is from January 2023 - January 2024. This position is currently based remotely/from home, however, we do have an office in West Berkshire (Near Thatcham) where you will be expected to attend for training and team meetings (approx. once a week).
- £24,000 - £28,000 gross per year depending on experience
- You must have at least two years experience working in recruitment (not necessarily our specific area).
- Full Employment & Pension as part of the Fixed Term Contract
- Brilliant Team Energy
We provide a specialist service in domestic staff recruitment and domestic staff training. We work with a global network of clients in private homes, hotels, restaurants, chalets, and yachts. We approach our services from a unique and fresh perspective. It’s not the bottom line that drives us, but the desire to satisfy and provide the very best service we can to our clients.
It might sound a bit cliché, but we would much prefer to keep a happy client for life rather than just work with brand new clients each time. Our ethos is what drives us, and makes us one of the (in our opinion) friendliest and eager to please agencies.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest and experience in recruitment who would like to broaden their experience, maybe in a different sector of recruitment. The ideal candidate will have good experience in managing the full recruitment process and should be happy to be client-facing from the start.
If you have recruitment experience, then we are happy to hear from you! You MUST be excellent at computers/IT. The majority of our work is done on the computer and telephone, so you should be excellent at computer skills, be a quick learner and have perfect written and spoken English in order to process candidates quickly. You should enjoy admin of all aspects. You should also have an excellent phone manner and personal presentation as this is a client-facing role. You will be given training and shadow the colleagues working. Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Working directly with the CEO
- Being client-facing and taking new client enquiries
- Creating a job spec to advertise the role in line with the client requirements, employment law, and the current market
- Understanding the current market and appropriate salaries for job roles to be advertised
- Teamwork with the other consultants and staff who work with Polo & Tweed
- Assisting the other recruitment consultants with the full recruitment process, from start to finish
- Taking responsibility for your own client accounts and ensuring they are followed through to placement
- Candidate database management
- Adding new CVs/ candidates to the database and processing applications
- Following our vetting process for candidates, including checking and chasing references for candidates
- Interviewing candidates and making sure we have their correct right to work documents
- Editing and Formatting CVs in preparation for sending them to our clients
- Preparing candidates for their interviews, ensuring they are clear on the job spec and giving them any appropriate interview tips for the specific role they are interviewing for
- Calling/emailing/ texting candidates to get their correct details needed in order to ensure their profile is kept up to date
- Helping the team to manage the social media accounts
Once you have completed your training, you will be working remotely on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday is team day, which takes place in West Berkshire, a 25 minute drive from Reading.
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5:30pm. Plus 1 hour additional flexi time each day (including the weekends) to respond to comments and engage with users on our social media accounts (first thing, mid day, and late evenings). During the first month you will be expected to do daily training days with us during your working hours in person, so you need to be able to commute to a team member's house in West Berkshire for your training. This in person time will reduce as you become more confident with the job and move to remote working.
You should speak a very high standard of English and be able to communicate in both written and spoken language to the highest degree of professionalism. You will be assessed on your written and spoken communication skills as part of the assessment process.
You must have an excellent phone personality. You should speak clear English. You must enjoy and be focused on the admin/computer-based work - as despite our very glamorous industry this is a computer/telephone-based role! If you speak any other languages this is always a bonus, but not required.
We are interviewing now for the fixed-term contract to start in January 2023 - we are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.