A couple near Wargrave, Berkshire, RG10 are looking for an experienced Live-in or Live-out Head Housekeeper. You should have a full driving licence for this role and experience in private households is essential. This is a live in, or live out, depending on your preferences.
- £40,000 - £50,000 gross per year depending on experience.
A professional couple with a cat and a dog are looking for a new long-term experienced Head Housekeeper. The couple live in a stunning 10,000sqft property, comprising of a main house with four stunning bedrooms, five bathrooms and a spectacular living space on the bottom floor and a 3,500sqft guest house. The house is decorated with luxury furnishings and fine art. You must be happy around animals for this role as maintenance and care of the couples’ pets is an important function of the job. You will be working as part of an internal team of three supported by a full-time maintenance person and external gardeners and drivers. The owners travel frequently and when the owners are travelling you will have responsibility for overseeing care of the property and house pets.
You will be working directly for the principals overseeing all housekeeping aspects of running and maintaining their main UK residence in Berkshire. You will need to understand formal service, have knowledge of the maintenance and care requirements of a home finished to a high standard, knowledge of luxury wardrobe maintenance and VIP guest reception and table service etc.
The owners travel frequently and when the owners are travelling you will have responsibility for overseeing care for the house pets. A preparedness to travel with the couple on occasion would be a plus.
Other duties include:
- Overseeing the running of the house to a five-star hotel standard.
- Organisation of staff rotas.
- Supervision of the housekeeping team in maintaining and caring for the property and furnishings and Training of other staff to provide correct levels of service.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors.
- Carrying out provisioning, general shopping and other errands (including online shopping).
- Preparing and serving snacks and drinks throughout the day when required.
- Overseeing and helping to care for the house pets (currently one dog and one cat) to include an element of house and pet sitting when the couple are away.
- Greeting and receiving guests.
- The overseeing of, and participation in, all security procedures for the property.
- To ensure that the property is stocked with all necessary items and provisioning to facilitate the smooth day-to-day running of the property as a high-end family home.
- Cooking is not essential but if you are able to cook preparing meals for the principals would be a plus.
This role is near Wargrave, Berkshire, RG10 and you have the option to live-in or live-out. Private accommodation can be provided in the form of a lovely two-bedroom house, a short five minute drive away from the estate.
- Working 5 days a week plus alternate Saturdays
- Working 9:30am-6:30pm
- Occasional overtime when the couple are entertaining
You must speak an excellent level of English to be able to communicate with the family and staff.
Experience working in private households is essential. You will need to have relevant experience, initiative, a good eye for detail, be highly organised, efficient and confident in all aspects of managing the operations of a reasonably sized residence run to a very high (five-star hotel) standard.
The couple are interviewing now. We are recruiting safely with the COVID-19 government guidelines.