A couple in Kensington, London, W8 are looking for a Junior Butler to join their family home. This would suit a candidate who is looking to kick-start their career as a Butler. This is a live in role.
- £40,000 gross per year
- Private accommodation is provided
A High Net Worth couple in Kensington, London are looking for a Junior Butler. This is a fully staffed household and they are now looking for a Junior Butler to work alongside their team of Butlers, to learn and expand their experience of Butlering in a private household. They would like a butler to join their residence to help with service in all aspects of the home, from family life through to guest services and front of house service. There are no pets in the household. The couple travel a few times per year and you may be required to travel with them.
You should be highly professional, capable and have experience in front of house, you do not need to have experience as a Butler in a private household but Butler/Front of House experience in a Hotel will certainly help. You must be flexible and reliable as plans change frequently, and often at short notice. You should have excellent communication skills and experience liaising with other members of staff. You will be service at all meals, dinner parties and events. You will be meeting and greeting guests and ensuring that the principals and their guests have everything they need. You should be immaculately presented, professional and a discreet individual who understands the importance of confidentiality. Your duties will include:
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals
- Serving food and drinks, ensuring proper service at all times
- Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal wares
- Managing and maintaining employers' wardrobes (ensuring clothes are washed, pressed and arranged, shoes polished etc.)
- Preparing luggage, packing / unpacking if required
- Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines, cigars etc
- Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests
- Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories of valuables
- Welcoming guests
The family's home is in Kensington, London, W8. They will provide staff accommodation within the family home, with your own private bedroom and bathroom and all bills covered.
Working a 48 hour week, 6 days each week with one full day off.
A good level of English is required.
Total professionalism, Butler skills and a high level of discretion and ability to work well with others.
The family are looking to start interviewing ASAP. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations