A lovely family in St Johns Wood, London, NW8 is looking for a live-in Housekeeper/Cook to join their team of staff. This is a live in role and accommodation will be provided, You must have a driving licence.
- £37,000 - £45,000 gross per year depending on experience
- Spacious top floor bedroom with ensuite provided
- All food and bills are included
The property is a beautiful six-bedroom home in St Johns Wood, London, NW8. This is the family's main residence but they regularly travel. They have a friendly dog, so you should be happy working around pets. They have adult children and they come to visit occasionally. They employ a family PA and cleaner who comes weekly.
You should be experienced and confident in housekeeping and have a positive, can-do attitude. He is looking for someone who can become a great asset to the team, who can work well on their own initiative and work well within the team. You will be working alongside a PA and a cleaner who comes twice a week to assist with deep cleaning.
- General household cleaning to include dusting, vacuuming and polishing.
- Laundry, washing and ironing clothing, sheets and blankets
- Clear rubbish and waste paper bins
- Clean bathrooms, basins and lavatories
- Washing/scrubbing tiled surfaces
- Ironing shirts, sheets and anything else required
- Make sure all surfaces are dusted including window frames and skirting boards
- Buy and order online all products necessary for cleaning and when they need replacing
- Buy and order groceries online
- Make sure cupboards are kept neat and tidy
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is kept clean such as oven, hobs and dishwashers
- Beds and linens are changed regularly
- Room tidying and water bottles in every room daily
- Mirrors and glass surfaces kept clean
- Ensure wardrobes and draws are kept neat and tidy
- Watering household plants
- Advise employers of any domestic repairs or replacements that require attention
- Answer a landline and take messages as required
- Feed and walk the dog occasionally
- Leave the house to perform small errands like buying bread
- Agree on menus with the employer on a daily or weekly basis and plan and prepare meals
- Lay and serve a table
- Open the door, and receive parcels, oversee contractors sometimes (gardener, pool guy, electrician, handyman)
- Set the security alarm on the house
- Keep an eye on the property when the family are travelling
The property is in St Johns Wood, London, NW8. This is a live-in role. Spacious top floor bedroom with ensuite provided.
- Working Monday - Friday 8 am - 1 pm a break then working 7 pm - 10 pm
- Working Saturday 8 am - 2 pm
You should speak a good level of English.
You must have solid experience as a housekeeper/cook in private households. You must have a full driving license for this role.
The family are looking for someone to start immediately