A family property near Windlesham, Surrey GU20 are looking for a warm and friendly live in child friendly housekeeper to join their family home. You should have a driving licence in order to apply for this job.
- £28,000 - £38,000 gross per year
- Additional hours paid in overtime or time off in lieu
- An automatic car will be provided for work duties if you do not have one.
The family property is in Surrey, a beautiful part of the world. A family of three, a father, with two boys aged 14 and 10. The father is divorced and travels regularly for work. The two children attend boarding school (and board full time during the term). They are keen to find someone who will become a valuable member of the property and family life, from security whilst the property is vacant through to assisting with household and daily duties. They are keen to find a long term member of staff. They have no pets.
- All housekeeping duties in the house, from day to day hoovering, mopping and ensuring the property is always clean and tidy
- Laundry, linens and care of clothing - which when the children are at boarding school is less to manage, and when they are home during the holidays there is a slight increase.
- When the children are home, you should be happy to help with child related duties of the 14 and 10 year old, hanging out with the children, taking them to activities and ensuring that they have lunch/dinner.
- If the father is travelling and away during the holiday time, you would be expected to be 'on-call' to ensure if the children needed help at night you could assist with them. You would be paid in overtime for this proxy-parenting.
- You would be an extra pair of hands, running errands, doing the shop and dealing with deliveries.
- You should be flexible and happy to adjust to the term time and holiday time when the children are at school and then home.
- You would take the children to school and pick up at the end of term or at weekends when they return home during the term time (exeats etc)
The family live Windlesham, Surrey GU20 and the family would like someone to live in the property. A private bedroom with own bathroom will be provided.
- 5 days per week, which may be weekends when the children are on school holidays
- 8am-5pm (9 hour day). Flexibility to adjust times when the children are on school holidays.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu - flexibility to do overtime when the children are in residence
- Proxy-parenting when the father is travelling and the children are on school holidays.
You must speak a good level of English. If you speak Spanish or French this is a bonus.
You need to have a driving licence - an automatic car will be provided. You should be flexible, and happy to help with duties as and when needed.
The family are looking to start interviewing ASAP