A family of three, based in Kensington, London, W8 is looking for a new, live in housekeeper to join their existing team of housekeeping staff.
- £23-25 K gross per year
- 36 hour working week
- 20 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Fully Employed
- Extra clothing and footwear needed for the job
A family based in Kensington, are looking for a new, long-term live in housekeeper. They have a daughter who is aged 18, who is shortly departing to study in the USA. The father and mother live in the property full time and travel regularly. 4 ensuite bedrooms, kitchen, tv room, family room, storage, office, living room & entrance/dining space. They currently have two part time housekeepers who attend the property three times each week. They are keen to find a third, long-term live in housekeeper who can support the current housekeeping duties which are shared out between the other two housekeepers. They are a small and friendly pug, who is a much loved member of the family.
- Light Cooking Preparation for the family (simple meals & when lady of the house is not present) and serving
- Keeping all rooms clean, tidy and fit for use (daily mopping & cleaning of toilets, making and changing sheets, dusting, ordering);
- Laundry & Dry-cleaning pick up/drop off;
- Sharing responsibilities of dog (pug) daily walks and check-ups if lady of the house is away;
- Be mindful of anything that is broken - Regularly checking the boiler room, all machinery and equipment in house and informing employer of any malfunction;
- Being the representative of the family while running errands and accepting deliveries regarding the household;
- Establishing a professional contact with third parties entering the household: gardeners, architects, postal service, catering companies, etc;
- Monitoring daytime and night time mode of household lighting and security;
- Budget management - money spent record; (This is a shared charge position)
- Provide a safe and respectful atmosphere.
This is a live in position, and the family home is based in Kensington, London, W8. A private room with own bathroom (En-Suite Double Bedroom) with TV and Wifi Food provided - meal with or without family
Working hours from Monday - Saturday 9am - 7pm with 2 hours break during the day. Friday half day off 9am - 1pm. The employee's day off is Sunday. This is negotiable depending on candidate preference.
You must speak a good level of English.
You should be confident caring for pets, and have a pro-active and discreet manner.