A family of 6 based near Bicester, Oxfordshire are looking for a live in housekeeper to help them in their household. You must be able to drive for this role and an automatic car will be provided. The family have dogs, horses and a cat – so you must be pet-friendly to apply.
- £30,000 - £35,000 gross per year
- A private 2-bedroom cottage on the grounds of the property will be provided. (The family are also open to partners and pets)
- An automatic car will be provided for work duties
The family live in a large property with 10 bedrooms. Living in the household is mum, dad and their 3 youngest children, aged 6, 10 and 11. Their eldest child, 14, is currently at boarding school. The household is fully staffed, with a part-time Housekeeper, and 2 Drivers/Housemen who have all been working for the family for a long time, so they are looking for someone who wants a long-term position. The also have a daily housekeeping company who do the heavy housekeeping, so you will be responsible for the light housekeeping duties. The family have horses, 2 dogs and a cat, so you must be confident around animals to apply for this role.
- During the day you will be focused on all the housekeeping in the property along with the other Housekeeper. In the afternoons your role will be more focused on looking after the children.
- You should be happy to undertake all housekeeping duties, alongside the other existing staff.
- You will be occasionally asked to cook for the family, so you should be happy to cook simple meals
- Daily cleaning, deep cleaning, laundry, ironing. Flexibility is key, and attention to detail is key - you should be keen to find a long-term role.
- You will be taking the children to school – they also go to school on Saturdays, and then picking them up from school and looking after them after school.
- You will also be responsible for running errands and shopping for the family so driving in essential.
- You will be asked to do basic cooking so should be confident in cooking simple homemade food.
- You may be asked to travel with the family occasionally.
- You should be a good team player, happy to work alongside the other staff, willing to take direction and adjust to the needs of the family.
The family live near Bicester, Oxfordshire, you will be provided with separate private accommodation.
The accommodation provided is a lovely separate, private, 2 bedroom cottage, within the grounds of the property. And the family are open to partners and pets in the cottage.
- Monday - Friday
- One or two weekends each month (if working the weekend you will have Monday and Tuesday off)
- 10 hours each day, with flexible start and finish times depending on the daily schedule and whether the children need taking to school that day.
You must speak a good level of English.
- You should be experienced at housekeeping in private properties.
- You should have some experience of working with children.
- You should have a full, clean driving licence.
- You should be confident around animals.
The family are looking for the right person for this role, so interviews are starting now and start date will be ASAP for the right candidate.