A large estate with a HNW family, are looking for a new junior housekeeper who is happy to assist with aspects of laundry within the property, to join their team of existing staff. The position is based in Englefield Green, Surrey, TW20, and you should be able to commute to the property as required.
- Base hours: £24,000 gross per year
- Working 29 hours per week
- Additional hours and overtime are paid at 1.5 x Monday-Saturday and 2 x Sunday and bank holidays
- Generous bonus and incentives for long-term employment with the family
- Fully Employed
- Pro-rata holidays
A HNW family who use this property as their main residence in the UK. It is a large estate with many bedrooms, beautiful swimming pool, gym and outbuildings. With a full team of staff, security, the property is cared for to the highest degree. When the principals are in residence then the staff are expected to pull together even more to provide the highest level of personalised service. This is a great opportunity for a housekeeper/laundry assistant to join a friendly and welcoming team!
This is a hands-on role that requires a professional junior housekeeper to work alongside the team as well as taking responsibility for themselves and the laundry. High Standard day to day laundry and cleaning of a Royal residence, spa and outbuildings. Working in a team with 4 other housekeepers. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Very high-quality laundry and ironing of family and guest clothes, to include high end garments
- Ensuring that everything is washed in accordance with the colour and fabric type
- Making minor alterations or repairs to clothes if needed
- Maintaining the laundry room and ironing equipment to ensure it is clean and tidy
- Sorting and folding of clothes
- Hand washing, if and when needed
- Very high-quality laundry and ironing of bed linens, tablecloths, napkins and any other items required
- Reporting to Head Housekeeper stock levels of all laundry products
- General high standard cleaning of house
- Washing woodwork and waxing floors
- Cleaning and protecting fine antiques and paintings
- Polishing of brass and silver
- Testing equipment throughout all areas of house, spa and outbuildings
- Interior glass and window cleaning
- Deep and high-level cleaning
- Vacuuming curtains and upholstery
- Servicing rooms when the family are in residence
- Reporting any issues, damages, or concerns to the Head Housekeeper or Estate Managers
- Variety of duties when the family are in residence; from general cleaning, kitchen support, serving, etc.
- Reporting to: Head Housekeeper and Estate Managers
This is a live out position and the family are based in Englefield Green, Surrey, TW20, it would be most suitable if you have a car to commute to the property for work.
- Monday 0800-1600
- Tuesday 0800-1300
- Wednesday 0800-1600
- Thursday 0800-1600
Working 29 hours per week. When the family are in residence hours will be ‘as required’, including evenings and weekends, generous overtime will be paid accordingly.
You must speak a good level of English.
Ideally you should drive and have your own car to attend the property each day.
Our client is interviewing now for the right person. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.