A family of three, based in Kensington, London, W8 is looking for a new, live in OR live out housekeeper to join their existing team of housekeeping staff.
- £23-30K gross per year
- 36 hour working week
- 20 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Fully Employed
- Extra clothing and footwear needed for the job
A family based in Kensington, are looking for a new, long-term housekeeper. This is either a live in or live out role. They have a daughter and a son, living and studying in the USA. The father and mother live in the property full time and travel regularly. 4 ensuite bedrooms, kitchen, tv room, family room, storage, office, living room & entrance/dining space. They currently have two part time housekeepers who attend the property three times each week. They are keen to find a third, long-term housekeeper who can support the current housekeeping duties which are shared out between the other two housekeepers. They are a small and friendly pug, who is a much loved member of the family.
- Cooking Preparation for the family and serving
- Keeping all rooms clean, tidy and fit for use (daily mopping & cleaning of toilets, making and changing sheets, dusting, ordering)
- Laundry & Dry-cleaning pick up/drop off;
- Sharing responsibilities of dog (pug) daily walks and check-ups if lady of the house is away;
- Be mindful of anything that is broken - Regularly checking the boiler room, all machinery and equipment in house and informing employer/maintenance company of any malfunction;
- Being the representative of the family while running errands and accepting deliveries regarding the household;
- Establishing a professional contact with third parties entering the household: gardeners, architects, postal service, catering companies, etc;
- Monitoring daytime and night time mode of household lighting and security;
- Budget management - money spent record; (This is a shared charge position)
- Provide a safe and respectful atmosphere.
This is a live in or live out position, and the family home is based in Kensington, London, W8. If you live in, a private room with own bathroom (En-Suite Double Bedroom) with TV and Wifi Food provided - meal with or without family
5 days per week, with two full days off each week. However there is flexibility around which days are off, and it will not always be Saturday and Sunday, so it is important to be flexible around this.
You must speak a good level of English.
You should be confident caring for pets, and have a pro-active and discreet manner.