A British family living in Estepona, near Mallorca, South Spain are looking for a house manager to join their family staff. You should hold a full driving licence and speak conversational or fluent Spanish (as well as a good standard of English).
A family of five (3 children aged 15, 12 and 8) they live in a beautiful large, 5 bedroom modern villa, located close to the beach. This is their main family residence and they travel occasionally throughout the year. The family are from the North of England, and do not speak Spanish. The mother and father are middle aged, but they are retired, so they are often in residence. There are large gardens but there is already a team in place to maintain those. The swimming pool is also maintained and the windows are cleaned by an outside company. They have domestic cleaners and they now need an experienced house manager to manage the staff (4) and the house, property, cars and staff. They have two West Highland terriers.
You should be flexible and able to assist the family in all aspects of family life. Managing the staff, stepping in to assist when the staff are off, and helping ensure the house is kept clean and tidy. Having initiative to step in and tidy up or help organise when it is required is key. There may be occasional travel with the family, but your main focus is the care of their property and staff management. You should be child friendly and happy to be around children and help out whenever needed.
- Household staff management
- Managing recruitment of housekeeping staff Supervising the whole cleaning of the property
- Good knowledge of cleaning products
- Laundry and ironing management
- Reconcile all household related expenses, bill paying and report to the family office
- Drive the principals when needed
- Hands-on attitude
- Cleaning of family vehicles
- Liaising with suppliers, contractors and vendors
- Packing and unpacking the suitcases
- Table setting and table service
- Maintenance of furniture in the garden and terrace
- Running various errands
- Greeting of guests
- Managing the supercars both in ensuring they are serviced, cleaned and looked after
- Cleaning the golf clubs and other expensive items that the principal wishes you to care for
- General house maintenance such as changing light bulbs, putting away pool floats, clearing up the kitchen.
- Pet duties such as walking or vet trips/feeding them when needed.
- Three times a week food shop - these are big shops
- Dealing with local contractors and staff
This would be a live in position. There is a separate staff cottage with two bedrooms. A very good size, condition and it's private use for yourself.
Typically Monday to Friday/Saturday, and flexibility to work around these days with advance notice. Your day will start at around 7am when you'll come in to do a quick kitchen tidy up, and then you'll return for 8:30am when the cleaners arrive. During the day your hours will be flexible, with lots of breaks, but typically you'll finish at 5pm unless otherwise discussed. You may have some evening driving duties if the family require pick up or drop off for dinner parties.
You must speak a good level of English, ideally you should speak conversational or fluent Spanish.
Driving is essential, you should speak conversational Spanish or fluent Spanish. Due to family requirements at this stage they are not considering individuals with pets, however they would consider couples where either one of you or both of you would take on the role.
£20-30K depending on experience.
The Principal is interviewing now with ASAP start.