A property-based near Chipping Norton, OX7 are looking for a new member of staff to join their team. This is a live out role, so you should be able to easily commute with your own car.
Full Time £30,000 - £35,000 gross per year depending on experience.
A beautiful property, with a family of four, a couple, two children aged 10 and 12, live near Charlbury. The property has large grounds, and animals, and therefore need additional staff to help care for the grounds, property and animals. They have two Shetland Ponies, two donkeys and three dogs. You should be able to commute easily to the property each day. You should be a team player, and willing to maintain the grounds and property to a high standard.
You will be in charge of all the maintenance and upkeep of the property including:
- External house maintenance - maintaining the house wall, windows, doors and roofs
- Maintain the lawns and plant irrigation
- Yard maintenance
- Gates and fencing
- Walls and pathways
- Ensure pest control
- Ensure family cars are clean, re-fuelled and serviced (including MOTs, tyres, etc)
- Maintain DIY and gardening equipment
- Internal house maintenance will include maintaining the petty cash records
- Ensure house bills and post are re-directed to the right person for handling
- Ensure oil levels are sufficient for the season
- Keep fires clean and ‘topped up’ with chimneys swept
- Maintain electrical appliances
- Maintain lights and electrics
- Maintain plumbing and pipe work
- Maintain the wifi, sky, security equipment, smoke alarms, telephones and aerials
- Ensure sufficient drinks are in the house for family and events
- Ensure pest control
- Ensure general household repairs are carried out or sub-contracted out as required
- Animal care including vet treatments, medical care, grooming and supervision
- Dogs when required
- And any other animal care as required – training will be provided if needed
- Event preparation for the house and family businesses
- Support at events
- Driving and General
- Supervise contractors including obtaining quotes, arranging appointments and quality assuring the work
- Driving the family as required
- Supervising the children (and their friends) as required
- Assist with ad hoc requests to help with the smooth running of the household
This is a live out role so no accommodation would be provided. The property is near Chipping Norton, OX7
Full time is five days per week, which include working two weekends per month. Working hours of 8am - 5pm.
You should speak a good level of English.
The ideal candidate will have worked within a Private Household / Estate. You should have experience working as a handyperson. You must have a full driving licence and be a confident driver with your own car to commute each day. You will be provided a car for work duties - this is automatic. A shotgun licence, chainsaw licence, HGV licence and powered access training is preferable but not essential.
ASAP - the family are interviewing now, which will include screening and a pre-interview meeting in Oxford.