A beautiful large country estate near Donegal, F94, Ireland are looking for a long-term Grounds Person for their stunning grounds. You must have a driving license for this role.
- £30,000 – £50,000 gross per year
- Live in our live out - with accommodation provided if you need it (1/2 bedroom cottage)
A family-run estate which has various business and commercial interests near Donegal, F94, Ireland, surrounded by 3000 acres of farmland and forestry and also 50 acres of mature woodlands are looking for new long-term Ground’s person to help look after and maintain their 15-acre family garden. The family are currently renovating the whole estate and building a new large house, so are now looking for a new Grounds Person to work closely with the Head Garden and look after and maintain the property and grounds.
Your role will focus on looking after the grounds and outdoor areas of the property. You will be in charge of all the maintenance and upkeep of the property including:
- External house maintenance - maintaining the house wall, windows, doors and roofs
- Maintain the lawns and plant irrigation
- Yard maintenance
- Gates and fencing
- Walls and pathways
- Ensure pest control
- Maintain DIY and gardening equipment
- Ensure general household repairs are carried out or sub-contracted out as required
- Assist with ad hoc requests to help with the smooth running of the household
This role is just outside Donegal, F94, Ireland and you have the option to live-in or live-out. Accommodation of a one or two-bedroom, cottage on the estate can be provided, and the client is happy for you to bring partners and pets.
- Working 8am – 5pm (flexible on hours as per daylight in summer/winter), Monday to Friday, with occasional Saturdays worked. On the weeks you work the Saturday, you’ll have another day off during the week.
- Family is flexible with the working hours and also generally work on the basis of longer summer hours and shorter winter hours.
You must speak an excellent level of English to be able to communicate with the family and staff.
You should be confident with all aspects of grounds and garden maintenance. You should have a driving license for this role.
The family is interviewing now. We are recruiting safely with the COVID-19 government guidelines.