A new General Manager is sought for a boutique luxury hotel in Ross-Shire, Scotland. This is a live-in or live-out role, depending on your preferences. Holding a valid driving licence is essential for this role.
- From £40,000 gross per year depending on experience
- Beautiful private accommodation can be provided a short drive from the hotel
- A car can be provided for work purposes
This luxury boutique hotel has recently been the subject of a four year long renovation project. It has been completed to the highest standards and now sports many luxury furnishings. There are a series of luxury cottages and suites on site for guests to stay in, there is also a private airfield and outstanding whisky bar, The business is family run and has a small team of twelve key employees. The family and team enjoy working closely together to build one of the leading hospitality businesses in the region.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and commercially savvy manager, who is confident heading up the small team. You will be instrumental in growing the business and ensuring the commercial and operational success of the hotel. This is a hands-on management role – you will be fully accountable for the day-to-day operation of the property, including the wider strategic vision and brand development.
As a small, family run business, adaptability is crucial, a willingness to step-in everywhere is a key part of this role. The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of food & beverage, accounting, and a natural charisma to bring it all together. Experience of working in a luxury hotel, restaurant or similar operation (private member’s club, etc) is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the business; everything from the Front of House, Accommodation, Food & Beverage through to managing weddings and larger events.
- Leading and managing the hotel departments to ensure the highest standards of service throughout.
- Developing and implementing additional revenue streams to the current hospitality offering (e.g. foodie weekends, wellness retreats, corporate partnerships etc).
- Setting business objectives to increase profits and maximise guest satisfaction.
- Producing commercial and performance reports as required.
This role is located in Ross-Shire, Scotland. This is a live-in or live-out role, depending on your preferences. Accommodation can be provided a short 15-minute drive away, if required. It is a beautiful classic period 1 bedroom flat, The accommodation is only suitable for a single candidate or a couple, unfortunately, there is no room for children or pets.
- Working an average of 45 hours per week, but this will be flexible and will be longer during the busy season from April - October.
- The hotel is closed from November - February, and overtime accrued during this summer months will be given back as lieu during this time.
- Flexibility is essential with this role
You must speak a good level of English to communicate with the team and guests.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and commercially savvy manager, who is confident heading up the small team. You must have an in-depth knowledge of food & beverage, accounting, and a natural charisma to bring it all together. Experience of working in a luxury hotel, restaurant or similar operation (private member’s club, etc) is essential.
We are interviewing now for the right candidate to start as soon as possible. We are recruiting safely with the COVID-19 government guidelines.