A family of four are looking for a full-time Gardener to assist their Head Gardener in looking after their gardens and grounds near Uckfield, East Sussex TN22. You must hold a full driving licence to apply for this position. This is a live out position so you must be in easily commutable distance.
- £28,000 - £32,000 gross per year depending on experience and the overall package.
The property has a 9-acre garden which comprises of a white garden, new barn garden, planted terraces, woodland garden, orchard, vegetable garden, ponds and extensive wildflower meadows. The garden belongs to enthusiastic horticultural owners.The development of a new woodland garden is due to start this autumn with extensive new planting planned to take place, as well as other projects moving forward into the future.
The gardener will have a hands-on role in the daily care of the garden and small nursery area. Working under a Kew trained head gardener, this offers an opportunity to continue the improvement and development of their plant knowledge and gardening skill. They will be passionate and take pride in their work and will maintain and present the garden to a high standard. Your duties will include:
- Maintenance of the gardens including, weeding, deadheading, mulching, lawn mowing, fruit, vegetable and herb production, seed sowing and plant propagation.
- Care and management of herbaceous plants, shrubs, and lawns
- Planting and re-planting as appropriate.
- Routine garden maintenance.
- Plant nursery work
- Clear understanding of and working within Health and Safety regulations
The family home is located near Uckfield in East Sussex TN22. This is a live out position so you must be in easily commutable distance.
Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm. The family are flexible with the working hours and understand that in the winter you may need to adjust the hours. The current gardener starts work at 7am and finishes at 3pm - but the family are flexible as to your hours as long as the 8 hour day is performed.
You should speak and write a good level of English.
- You must have gardening experience, be interested in plants and keen to learn more
- You must have a valid drivers’ license and confidence with all tools and machinery
- Ideally, you will have qualifications in horticulture to RHS level 2 or above
- The employers are prepared to assist the right candidate in obtaining these formal qualifications
Interviews taking place now for the right person to start ASAP. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.