A professional couple based in Chelsea, London SW1, are looking for a new, long-term senior housekeeper. You should be dog friendly to apply for this role.
- £37,000 - £50,000 gross per year depending on experience.
- 45 hours a week.
A friendly professional couple based in Chelsea, London SW1 are looking for a new long term senior housekeeper for their 4 bedroom lateral apartment. They have previously had a long term housekeeper who has been with them for 5 years but are looking for more support so need a senior housekeeper to take responsibility for the home. You will work alongside a housekeeper and house person. The couple have 3 large Weimaraner dogs who are friendly and well behaved, you will not need to walk the dogs but you should be happy and comfortable working around them. The couple do regularly travel as they have a second home in the USA.
You will take responsibility for the home and organisation of the tasks for the whole team including the housekeeper and houseman. Ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard. This is not just a management position you will get stuck in yourself and carry out all housekeeping duties alongside the team.
- All housekeeping, day to day and deep cleaning.
- Following special instructions on cleaning schedules and directions relating to specific art pieces.
- Caring for antique furniture.
- Laundry, ironing, caring for delicate fabrics.
- Wardrobe management.
- Some simple meal preparation. However if you enjoy cooking this could be increased although not essential.
You should be flexible, confident and able to work on your own initiative, take ownership of the position and work to an extremely high standard.
This is a live out position so you should live suitably local to Chelsea, London SW1 to commute daily.
When the couple are in residence you may work 6 days a week and will work a shift system with the other housekeeper and a house person, either starting early in the morning and finishing early or starting later in the day and finishing in the evening. You should be flexible and happy to work late if the couple require, extra hours will be paid as overtime.
The couple travel regularly and when not in residence you will work 9am - 5pm each day or 9am-4pm Monday to Friday, 5 days a week.
You must speak a good level of English.
- You should be kind and focused looking for a long-term role.
- A great team player, willing to get stuck in to any tasks at hand.
- You should be confident and able to work on your own initiative, take ownership of the position and work to an extremely high standard.
- Have experience of working in a private household.