A lovely family based in Westcombe Park, London SE3 have a 12 week baby girl and a 2.5 year old boy. They are looking for a long term, experienced maternity nanny to join their lovely family and beautiful home. You will live in and provide 24hr cover for the first 6-8 weeks and then move to live out Monday – Friday 7am – 8pm. You must hold a driving licence.
A lovely British/Chinese family, they have a young baby and have a maternity nurse giving them support since the baby was born. When the maternity nurse leaves, they are looking for someone to take over and help with both the baby and the 2.5 year old. They are looking for a maternity nanny who can live in and provide 24hr cover for the first 6-8 weeks and then move to live out full time. They are looking for someone who can stay with the family long term. Whilst the mother is at home on maternity leave you will be providing shared care, when she returns to work, she will be working 4 days a week and you will be sole charge. The father is extremely busy with work and the toddler goes to nursery all day Tues - Fri, the baby will go part time from 1 year old. There could be an option for this role to become part time (mornings and evenings) in the future. The family are looking for the right nanny to take over from this lovely maternity nurse who has helped the family get into a great routine. There is the possibility of travelling with the family in the future too.
- You will be in charge of all childcare duties, mostly sharing the care for both the children until the mother returns to work after maternity leave, after which you will be sole charge of both children.
- For the first 6-8 weeks you will be look after the baby during the night following the established routine put in place by the maternity nurse. Possibly night feed until baby is able to sleep through the night. Once baby is able to sleep through the night, you won’t have night nanny duties.
- Help with morning routine including Baby bottle feeds, and toddler’s breakfast. Dropping toddler off at nursery and/or looking after baby while mother drops off at nursery.
- All nursery duties including sterilizing bottles. Baby/ toddler washing. Cooking meals for the toddler, and later for the baby too. Activities for the toddler and baby. Keeping all baby stations clean and tidy, changing babies/ toddlers bed sheets. Taking the children for walks, go to the park or museum, other trips or outings when appropriate such as soft play or other organised classes.
- You will be responsible for keeping the children’s rooms clean and tidy. Cleaning up after yourself and the children in general. Helping with light housekeeping such as dealing with the dishwasher/bins emptied. Sorting clothes for children when they are too small. Helping with Shopping lists etc.
- Help with evening routine including picking up toddler from nursery or look after baby while mother picks up toddler from nursery around 5pm; tea time; bath time and bedtime routines; for both baby and toddler alongside mum. Note that once mother returns to work you will be responsible for all these things.
- Help to wean baby girl. Cook age appropriate and healthy foods for both children including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Potty train toddler if not already trained.
- Organise appropriate educational / developmental activities and help with homework when kids start school possibly from three years old.
For the first 6-8 weeks you will be living in providing 24hr care until the baby sleeps through the night. Once the baby sleeps through the night you will be living out so you should ideally live within easy commuting distance to Westcombe Park, London SE3.
For the first 6-8 weeks (until the baby sleeps through the night) you will be providing 24hr cover. With time off during the day to rest upto 4 hrs.
Once the baby sleeps through the night you will be working Mon – Fri 7am to 8pm (with breaks) with flexibility to offer babysitting and support at the weekends when arranged in advance.
You should speak a good level of English.
You should be looking for a long-term role and must hold a driving licence. You should hold child care qualifications and knowledge and understanding of new-borns. You must also have a paediatric First Aid.
- £220 net per 24hrs for the first 6-8 weeks whilst providing night cover for the family.
- £800 - £900 gross p/w live out (£41k - 46k gross per annum), babysitting and weekend support paid in overtime.
The family are interviewing and trialling people ASAP to do a correct handover with the Maternity Nurse to start end of August/beginning September.