A HNW family of four near Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, GL54, are looking for a full time housekeeper/cook. This is a live in or live out role depending on your preference. You must hold a full driving licence for this role. If you choose to live out, you must be able to easily commute to the property.
- Up to £45,000 gross per year for live in
- Up to £55,000 gross per year for live out
- Lovely private accommodation can be provided
- A car can be provided for work use
A wonderful opportunity to work as a pivotal member of a close knit team supporting a lovely HNW family with two young children. The children are aged six and eight years old. The family live in a stunning 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom property near Stow-on-the-Wold in Gloucestershire, they also have another property in London. The family have a dog and horses, so you must be happy around animals. There is a small friendly team of staff working in the home including a nanny, another housekeeper/cook and two personal assistants.
You will be responsible for looking after housekeeping and helping with the children when needed.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Cooking healthy, lean, delicious meals for the family.
- Maintaining inventories of food and household supplies, making orders, and returns.
- Ensuring the property and furnishings are clean and organised, including fireplaces, fine clothing and shoes, and silver.
- Doing the laundry and ironing, ensuring fine fabrics are cared for appropriately, arranging dry cleaning and tailoring.
- Greeting deliveries and guests at the door and via telephone; sorting deliveries.
- Caring for the family dog, to include dog walking, arranging and attending grooming appointments and vet appointments, ordering dog provisions and dog sitting when the family are not in residence.
- Preparing and clearing for dinner parties and celebrations.
- Caring for indoor plants.
- Preparing and packing for holidays.
- Coordinating daily with the team using a task app.
- You must be happy to attend to the housekeeping in the principal’s other property in London occasionally.
- Caring for the children as needed, ensuring the children are watched and safe at all times, creating fun, learning activities for the children, supporting children with their homework and lessons, and handing over to the weekday nanny with written notes.
The family are located near Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, GL54. This is a live in or live out role depending on your preference. If you choose to live out, you must be able to easily commute to the property. If you choose to live in, a spacious, private accommodation is available with countryside views and ample land 5 minutes from a bustling village with lovely restaurants and shops. Partners and pets are welcome, unfortunately there is no room for children as the cottage has one bedroom.
- Working 44 hours per week
- Working from 11am to 7pm from Tuesday to Thursday
- Working from 1pm to 9pm on Friday
- Working from 8am to 8pm on Saturday
You must speak a good level of English.
You should have good experience working as a housekeeper/cook in a private household. You must be a strong and confident cook for this role. You must hold a full driving licence for this role.
The family are interviewing now for the right person to start ASAP. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.