An English/Spanish couple whose main residence is in the UK, need an experienced professional House Manager to run their recently refurbished principal residence. Other ancillary staff are also employed. You will need to have initiative, be highly organised, efficient and confident in all aspects of managing the operations of a reasonable sized family home which includes a principal house and secondary guest house. You will need to be able to recruit and manage secondary part-time staff and will need to have an understanding of running a home maintained to a very high standard.
The owners travel frequently and need to have full confidence the home will be secure and well-run in their absence. They are open to the role being either live in or live out however when the owners are travelling the role would require looking after the resident cat and small dog.
- Running the house to a 5* level including the organisation and implementation of systems.
- Buying and arranging flowers.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records, accounts, house inventory and consumables list.
- Writing and maintaining a house operations book listing all details of the day-to- day requirements and operating procedures of the property.
- Acceptance of being hands on and assisting the ancillary staff with housekeeping duties.
- Recruiting and managing any ancillary staff required for the general running of the property.
- Carrying out provisioning, general shopping and other errands (including online shopping).
- Ideally cooking for the couple on an occasional basis (this is not essential and only if you are happy to do so).
- Preparing and serving snacks and drinks throughout the day when required.
- Helping with small dog and cat (to include an element of house and pet sitting when the couple are away).
- Assisting with occasional entertaining requirements.
- Understanding and operating household systems including TV, WiFi, Security etc and ensuring the maintenance of same by outside contractors.
- Overseeing gardeners and ensuring that all repairs/maintenance jobs both inside and out are taken care of.
- Ensuring that all household bills are passed on to admin staff for payment.
Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. If you require accommodation then you will be provided with a one bedroom apartment (in a nearby town), all bills and running costs covered, plus a car (should you require it). This is a generous package.
Monday to Friday. 9:30-6pm with flexibility to work occasional extra hours if required.
You must speak a good level of English.
You must be able to drive. If you do not own a car you will be provided with one. You should have an eye for detail and be looking for a long term role.
£30-60K+ depending on experience.