A warm couple are seeking an experienced live in or live out Cook for their homes in Hampshire (10 minutes from Basingstoke), RG26. This role involved driving so you should have a full driving licence (an automatic car will be provided).
- £30,000 - £50,000 gross per year depending on experience.
- Accommodation (if you choose to live in)
- Car provided for work duties (automatic)
A busy family property, with an elderly couple with four grown children, they live in a beautiful part of the world. They have a number of staff in their employ and are keen to find a new long-term member of staff who fits in well with the family staff and life. You should be a passionate cook who enjoys cooking and want to be part of a positive and happy place to work. They have the most amazing organic vegetable garden as part of the grounds.
- You should be a confident cook, be flexible, organised, and use the healthy organic home garden.
- You should have lots of common sense and happy to adjust to the client's needs - preempting when things need to be dealt with and maintained.
- You should be animal friendly as the family have lovely pets both inside the house and outside.
- You will be responsible for the grocery shopping for the family. Planning and cooking healthy meals for the family. A skilled and experienced cook happy to cook for up to 25 people as and when needed.
- Laying the table for breakfast in the morning.
- The family eat dinner at 8pm each day, this can be prepared and left ready for the family each evening. You will then tidy up and clear away first thing in the morning before laying the table for breakfast.
- You should be happy, willing and able to travel with the family to their country estate in Hampshire some weekends and for longer periods in May, June and September. Also traveling with the family to Belgium, typically about 6 times each year for 5 to 6 days each trip. The family spend the majority of the winter based in London and you would travel to Switzerland with the family for December and Christmas.
- You should be highly organised, with a positive attitude and be flexible.
- You should be able to do some administrative work such light accounting and PA work, such as doing lists, checking paperwork for cars, vet, house bills etc. This is an important aspect of the role.
- The couple are launching a new business, involved in the food industry, and need a confident cook who is able to help with the events they will be running, both in the UK and in Belgium
- As their new business grows, they would need travel to Tuscany where they are launching visits to Vineyards, and the family will be based there for around 1 month of the year - you would travel with them, and help with the day to day cooking and activities in the vineyard.
- The couple are in London twice a week, and would occasionally need you to come and cook dinner or a lunch party in London. This will vary in the winter.
- You should be in charge of your cooking area, station and be well organised, keeping this clean and tidy.
- At the Christmas period the family spend time in Switzerland, and would like you to typically work over this period in the chalet.
- You should be positive, flexible and honest with good communication skills and looking for a long-term role.
The family home is located in Hampshire, near Basingstoke if you live in you will be provided with annex accommodation in a newly renovated outbuilding, with a private bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. If you choose to live out, you should live suitably local to commute daily and be happy to travel with the family. When working in London or Belgium you will be provided with private accommodation within the family home.
5 days a week, 8 hour days. When the family are in the UK, there will be two weekends per month worked, as the family often entertain at the weekend. Weekends will be agreed in advance and when a weekend is worked, or extra time is worked you will receive overtime or time off in lieu
You must speak a good level of English.
You should be an experienced cook and good at admin/organisation.
The client is looking for the right person to interview, with trial and contracts being arranged for a March/April start.