A high end, luxury Chalet in Val D’Isere is looking for a seasonal Chalet Chef to work the season from the 12th Nov 2017 (or as soon as possible) until the 6th/7th of May 2018.
This is a very demanding, but extremely rewarding role, with full responsibility for the catering service in your allocated chalet. The emphasis in this role is the ability to draw on your own impressive experience and creativity to design and deliver a luxury chalet catering service of the highest possible standard. Their flagship Chalet has a Head Chef and a Sous Chef. You must be a UK resident, have an NI number and a UK bank account. This is a luxury chalet group and you'll be cooking for wealthy and VIP guests from around the world each week.
- Menu design: plan and cost, with close attention to budgets
- Shopping, online ordering of supplies, visiting local suppliers
- Stock control and management in your kitchen
- Prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés, five course evening meal, petit fours, ski room snacks and transfer picnics
- Cater for children and nannies (including lunches and children’s teas when required)
- Plan and prepare staff meals
- Cater for guests’ special dietary requirements and allergies
- Cater for special occasions and guest “wows”
- Be flexible for last minute changes to timings and menus as per guests’ requirements
- Responsible for food hygiene and general health and safety in the kitchen and dining areas
- Keep the kitchen clean, tidy and presentable; log fridge temperatures and observe fridge and freezer rules
- Assist with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Work closely with chalet team, especially your chalet manager, and assist with duties to ensure your chalet is run efficiently and to high standards
- Open and close the chalet to our exacting standards.
You will be given your own room in shared, excellent accommodation
6 days p/w - around 48hrs.
You should speak fluent English. Conversational French is preferred but not required.
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- Recognised catering qualification and extensive experience
- Previous work experience in a fine dining
- Experience in different cuisine for example: French, Italian, Asian etc.
- Experience in running your own kitchen
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Fluent English, conversational French (preferred)
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life
- Positive, flexible and adaptable attitude
- Highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- Self-motivated, proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun and willingness to help out in other areas of chalet if
- Smart appearance
- Desire to constantly please and take pride in their food
- Passion for food of the highest standard.
- £300,- / £400 gross p/w
- Rewarding and stunning work environment in beautiful ski chalets in one the world’s leading ski resorts
- Meals; breakfast and dinner included
- Flexible working hours
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Ski pass
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- A performance-based, end of season bonus of potentially up to 3 weeks’ salary.
The client is interviewing candidates now. The role is starting ASAP until the 6th of May.