A family office based in London which manages the affairs for a HNW family are looking for a new PA/Admin Assistant to replace a valued member of the team who is moving on.
As with all private family offices, the office manage the affairs of the family. This includes managing the property, finances, staff and dealing with day to day running of the estates, staff , yachts, jets and aspects of the family life and property portfolios. The main family office is based in central London so this is where you will be mainly based and working from.
Payment Processing/Accounts -
- Processing and tracking payments, checking invoices are correct and service/items are accounted for by family member
- Checking household payments via credit card statements, consolidating against receipts provided. Setting up new cards/limits for staff members where necessary. Receipt reconciliation.
- Overseeing/tracking payments for one off ‘projects’ ie. Parties, construction etc.
- Monitoring and ensuring payment for running costs of domestic and international houses.
- Looking up historic payment requests support ongoing or arising contentions.
- Auditing suppliers for cost saving measures, comparing with new suppliers, auctioning findings.
- Retail Purchasing
- Ensuring Cash payments administered are recorded correctly and receipts are checked.
- Insurance – Building, Household, Contents & Motor - ensuring new purchases are correctly covered and relevant parameters in place should a claim arise.
- Utilities/Supplier Contracts – checking bills/supplier contracts are paid for and cost saving where possible.
- Set up Sky/GAS & Electricity/ Council Tax etc. for new properties and maintain for existing properties, dealing with any issues that arise.
- Operations/Logistics of moving goods/furniture etc. domestically and internationally, making sure insured when moving.
- Booking domestic and international travel for the family, family office and external contractors where necessary.
- Liaising among household staff & Family Office to ensure family Requests are actioned in an efficient timely manner
- Art – liaising with different households to track art, keeping insures up to date if items leave the country. Work with Chrisites to finish report and get onto online system.
- Liaising with household staff to book small maintenance jobs (pest control/cookers etc.)
- Tennis Bookings
- Setting up new phones for staff, checking bills & ordering new phones for family where needed.
- Making sure staff are aware of any appointments booked or deliveries coming to the houses.
- Creating and processing NDA’s for third party contractors and suppliers
- Processing documents for signing, filling in forms and keeping on file.
- Creating and providing written material for new processes within the Family Office.
- Collecting and distributing/actions post for family
- Supporting Family Office in recruiting & hiring and ensuring all documentation is stored in the family office
- Keeping Track of holiday and sickness, ensuring signed of by the family office.
- Creating Job descriptions for Staff, adapting as roles change.
- Running Payroll for US staff
- Checking UK payroll, updates for starters/leavers/sickness etc.
- Ensuring staff are equipped with correct tools/office wares to carry out roles efficiently
Monday to Friday, standard working hours, however due to this being a private family office you should be flexible wherever possible.
You should speak a good level of English to communicate with the rest of the team.
You should be good with team work and have good problem solving and mathematical skills.
£24-26K gross a year depending on experience.