A family of 6 based in Hampshire, near Basingstoke, RG23 are looking for a housekeeper to look after their beautiful 9-bedroom, 15,000sqft manor house within 100-acre grounds. They are looking for someone who wants a long-term role within a happy and relaxed informal household. The candidate should be pro-active and be able to use their initiative. You must be able to drive, and you will be provided with a car for work purposes.
- £30,000 - £35,000 gross per year
- Access to a car for work duties
- A private 3-bedroom bungalow on the grounds will be provided
A family of 6 with 4 children (14,12,8, and 6) who live in a 9-bedroom manor house in Hampshire, near Basingstoke, RG23 are looking for a long term housekeeper. The children have long days at school so are not around in the household much during the term, so you can focus solely on the housekeeping of the property. During the holidays the children are at home with the family, and the family take regular family holidays together. They are a lovely relaxed and informal household and have 3 dogs (2 Labradors and a Jack Russell) and horses. They have a part time domestic couple, as well as a gardener.
- You will be responsible for all of the housekeeping in the household.
- You should be experienced and have lots of common sense, understand how to correctly manage and care for a beautiful home
- You should be warm and friendly, easy going with a discreet and professional manner
- Good eye for detail and skills in the housekeeping including all laundry, ironing and deep cleaning as and when required.
- You should be child friendly and happy to lend a hand if needed with the children - this will be from time to time and not regularly.
- Occasional childcare/babysitting when needed.
- Helping out with dinner parties when needed - serving at the table, or clearing up.
- No cooking required as daily duties, just making children snacks and occasional cooking if needed.
- You should be happy to undertake all housekeeping duties and be able to work alongside the other existing staff.
- Daily cleaning, deep cleaning, laundry, ironing.
- You will not have to look after the dogs, but the family may ask you to let them out occasionally when they are not home.
- You should be pet friendly - if you are enjoy horses there are horses on the property grounds.
- When the family go on holiday you may be asked to housesit, or you can take holiday yourself. You will be asked to not take holiday while the children are off school.
- They are looking for someone who has experience in looking after large country houses and knows what they are doing.
- The family are open to couples as they are offering a 3-bedroom bungalow as accommodation, and would consider individuals or couples with small pets.
The family live in Hampshire, near Basingstoke. The accommodation provided is a lovely separate, private 3-bedroom bungalow within the grounds of the property. If you are local, you can also live out or have flexi-arrangement if you prefer.
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 6:30pm
You must speak a good level of English.
- You should be experienced at housekeeping in large private properties.
- You should be confident around animals.
- You must have a full driving licence
The family are looking for the right person for this role, so interviews are starting now and start date will be ASAP for the right candidate.