A South Korean/Japanese/American family residing in Atlanta, Georgia are looking for an experienced estate manager to join their family staff.
The family live predominantly in the USA, and although they travel regularly, their main family estate is in Atlanta. They have a 15 month old child and the wife is currently due to have her second child in 6 months time. Their main residence is 12,500 sq/ft, on around 5 acres of land, with 9 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms and various outbuildings for staff and garages. There is a big team of staff working in the household, with a number of PAs, three nannies, a team of maids and an experienced security team who run the property. They run the house in a traditional way, respectful to the principals culture and background, and typically the wife is spoken to by the female staff in the household. Although the staff mingle, the family prefer to keep a discreet and private family home. The family travel at least 4 times a year, one of the times to LA for two months, spending the winter in LA. They also take short trips to other cities and other international countries.
You will be reporting directly to the female principal, the wife, and should be respectful and discreet. You will be in charge of the day to day operations, maintenance, dealing with the other staff and ensuring the upkeep household is at the highest standard. Managing the outbuildings, bungalow, pool, cinema, gym, grounds etc. Overseeing the facilities systems and working with the security staff in order to ensure the property is protected and secure. You will be managing the staff around you, ensuring that any new staff is duly recruited and dealing with external contractors and short term staff when appropriate. You will also be tasked with training new staff to ensure they meet the standards of the principals. As you will be the right hand of the female principal, you will be the gate keeper and gate keeper between staff and the principal.
There will also be duties such as:
- Sorting and putting away packages and mail meaning you should have excellent organisational skills
- Working with the Chef and preparing or setting for meals, ordering household inventory and supplies
- Ordering lunch and meals for the family, using the app to order food (you should be happy and confident to use technology,
- Keeping cupboards stocked with water for the female principal in her personal areas
- Hospitality and guest service for visitors and during any events, both formal and informal
- Skills with event planning for parties and events
- IT management - with calendar and communication between the staff
- Arranging travel bookings and plans for the principal, packing and unpacking
- Light pet care (two small dogs), organising visits to the groomers
This is a live in role and you will be provided a beautiful room, en-suite. This is attached to the main house so you can be able to assist the female principal when required. When you travel with the family you will be provided accommodation. The main residence is in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You should be extremely flexible. Willing to work 5 days a week inclusive of weekends. With at least 1 day off a week (typically Sunday), and be able to be flexible with your hours of work. During the day you will have rest breaks and time to eat.
You should speak a high level of English.
You must be legally able to work in the USA, either with a green card, residency or passport. You should also hold a full driving licence and you can either use your own car or a car will be provided.
- $70-120K a year depending on experience and background - the client would ideally like at least 5 years of previous experience working in this area
- Accommodation plus a car if required
- Medical, dental and insurance
- Fully employed