A British family of living in West Berkshire (near Reading) are looking for a domestic couple to join their family home and life.
A lovely family who live in a large house in West Berkshire (Woolhampton), surrounded by 20 acres of grounds. The family have four children (4-14), two dogs, miniature dachshunds and a cat. The two youngest children attend a local school, and the older two attend full time boarding school. The family had a domestic couple who was with them for 7 years, and are now looking for a new couple to take over from their much loved domestic couple who are moving on. The family are down to earth and easy going - and are looking for a lovely, trustworthy and reliable couple to work for their family for many years to come.
Can be shared accordingly to skills. But typically they will be split between the couple.
For one person: All aspects of general estate, property and garden maintenance for a busy household. Gardens, lawns, swimming pool, tennis court, woodland, paddocks. There is a productive kitchen garden and greenhouse for vegetables. Use of all garden and estate machinery including strimmer’s, chainsaws, garden tractor, quad, rotavator etc. In addition general maintenance of cars, valeting, arranging servicing, MOTs etc. Some occasional driving to functions or to London. General maintenance and management of Main Residence, Outbuildings and Cottages. Caring for dog/cat. The position offers a keen and experienced gardener the opportunity to refresh/renew the garden to create a more sophisticated landscape.
For one person: All aspects of housekeeping in a large busy household, someone who can take charge and keep the house very clean and organised. If you cook this is a bonus but not required. Childcare including occasional sole charge.
Cleaning to include:
- A high standard of cleaning & use of appropriate products (including dusting, hoovering, mopping, polishing furniture and silverware in all rooms & bathrooms)
- General tidying & organising of the house i.e. sorting cupboards, book shelves, playroom & bedrooms, changing sheets
- All Laundry
- Ironing and putting away clothes & linen
- Helping prepare for guests (either dinner parties or weekend guests)
- Occasional planning and cooking (healthy) meals
- Receiving & putting away groceries and keeping an up to date shopping list
- Running general errands i.e. post office, collecting dry cleaning, grocery shopping
- Helping with the dog
Childcare to include:
- Playing with the children – inside/outside
- Supervision of homework
- Occasional bath and bedtime routines
- Help with school runs or taking to activities
The live in accommodation is a very well-appointed 2 bedroom cottage near the main house. It comprises, entrance hall, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite), large kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room and laundry room. There is a terrace and garden.
The gardener will be working full time, the housekeeper will be working around 30 hours a week. Including 2 nights of babysitting a week. Both working Monday-Friday with weekends off.
You must speak a good level of English to communicate with the family.
At least one of you must hold a full, clean driving licence in order to run errands and perform driving duties.
- £350-400net per person (£21-26K per person)
- Full employed and tax paid with contract.
- Separate house (on grounds), private entrance.
- All electricity, council tax bills, water bills, heating and WiFi included.
- Full use of car plus insurance and petrol covered.
- Paid holidays of 4 weeks per year.
- If extra hours are worked each week then an overtime rate will be agreed.
- Open to accepting a couple with a small dog or small pets, but bear in mind the two family dogs and cat roam freely!
ASAP start when the family have found the right couple - they are willing to wait.