A busy couple who live on a beautiful estate near Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3 are looking for a domestic couple to join the team. Due to location, both of you must have a driving licence to apply for this position. This is a live in role.
- £65,000 - £70,000 gross per year for the couple depending on experience
- A private spacious one bedroom, well-furnished cottage is provided
The busy principals live on a small estate in West Kent, they are looking for a lovely new domestic couple to work as part of an established small team. The main house is a beautiful five bedroom home, which is surrounded by immaculate well stocked gardens. You must both be dog lovers. The principals also employ a head gardener and a team of part-time gardeners to help manage the grounds.
The principals are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and practical couple with a friendly and willing disposition. The couple will be undertaking all housekeeping, gardening, and maintenance on their small estate. A strong attention to detail and high standard of work is essential for both candidates.
There is a high proportion of gardening required so gardening experience is essential. You must have knowledge of all garden machinery, ride-on mowers, and strong basic gardening knowledge.
Gardening & maintenance duties including:
- Lawn maintenance & edge cutting
- Managing irrigation system and borehole
- Hedge cutting, pruning, pest spraying, weeding
- Tending vegetable garden/orchard and watering plants
- Keep all machines and gardening tools clean and in good working order and upkeep of outside areas including swimming pool, ponds and tennis court
- Weekly cleaning/valeting, fuelling and general maintenance of a fleet of 3 cars (Range Rover, Discovery, and Mercedes)
- High attention must be given to security of the exterior of the entire property
- Booking regular service appointments with contractors
- Keeping gutters clear and in good working order
- Managing indoor fireplaces, stocking up log baskets and emptying ashes, laying wood burning fires
- Assisting with luggage before and after trips
- Fence maintenance (electric badger/deer fence protection) etc
- Replacing all garden and drive light bulbs
- Tracking and logging expenses
Housekeeping duties include general cleaning of the five bedroom house, including but not limited to:
- General housework, hands on cleaning, laundry & Ironing, washing up etc
- Flower arranging
- General household shopping, weekly supermarket groceries, running various errands
- Managing weekly dry cleaning collection service
- Deep cleaning, silver & copper care when required
- Simple cooking/food preparation
- Occasional help when entertaining – food preparation and serving
- Admit only authorised visitors: ie: gas/electric/telephone engineers etc
- Tracking and logging expenses
- The couple should be happy to do occasional dog sitting/walking/bathing.
Both should be confident drivers and happy to help with driving as needed – shopping trips, station drop offs, running errands etc.
The principals travel fairly frequently and during these periods the couple must stay home to house sit and ensure the security of the estate.
The beautiful estate is located near Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3. Due to location, both of you must have a driving licence to apply for this position. This is a live in role - a private spacious one bedroom, well-furnished cottage is provided. Due to size limitations, there is no room for children but a small well behaved dog would be considered.
- Both working 40 hours per week, from 8am – 5pm (with a 1 hour lunch break)
- Working from Tuesday – Saturday each week, with some flexibility when required
- You should be happy to do occasional overtime, this would be agreed in advance and will be given as time in lieu
- The principals travel fairly frequently and during these periods the couple must stay home to house sit and ensure the security of the estate.
You must speak fluent English to communicate with the family.
The couple must be highly organised and have great attention to detail in relation to housekeeping, gardening, maintenance and driving. You must be flexible and show initiative to find and complete tasks. Due to location, both of you must have a driving licence to apply for this position
The principals are interviewing now for the right couple for a start as soon as possible. We are recruiting safely within the COVID-19 regulations.