A family of four with 2 children in Highgate, London N6 are looking for a highly experienced and professional Chef who is confident in cooking Italian Cuisine, to join their fully staffed household.
- £65,000 gross per year
- Full contract and 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Additional hours paid in overtime
- Holiday to increase with length of service
- Generous bonus scheme
The family of 4 live in Highgate, London, in the second property on the estate – this Chef position is to work in the second property for the daughter and her husband and 2 children. Her mother and father also live on the estate in the main property and are in residence around 30% of the year. The properties are both fully staffed with over 50 members of staff. They have no pets in the household.
The House Chef is expected to manage their own Kitchen to ensure the day to day running of that kitchen and to providing meals of the Principals with the support from private estate kitchen. The House Chef will be expected to deliver the highest level of service, cleanliness and performance working in partnership with the estate team. You will be working in a busy estate where the ability to think on your feet is expected and to follow instructions.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Overall responsibility for daily operations and running of the kitchen.
- Sourced from organic sources.
- Stock management, ordering and receiving goods delivery of stock.
- To ensure that all stock is kept under optimum conditions.
- Maintaining professional and hygiene standards within the kitchens to required levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- To ensure the kitchen area is left secure at the end of each shift.
- New dish creation with Principals
- To ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- To maintain up to date recipes and standards of procedure manual.
The family live Highgate, London, N6 and this is a live-out role so you should be within easy commuting distance to the property.
Monday – Friday
You will typically work 9am – 7pm
Some weekends will be required if the family are hosting guests, BBQs, etc.
Paid overtime or time off in lieu
You must speak a good level of English. If you can speak Italian this is a bonus, but not essential.
You do not need to drive. You should have experience working in High End private households or 5* Hotels. You should be confident in cooking Italian cuisine.
The family are looking to start interviewing ASAP