A 5* star chalet group based in Val D’Isere, France are looking for a Chalet manager. You should ideally be a UK citizen with a national insurance number. The company are open to considering couple applications, if the partners match the two desired roles (Manager and Chef).
- £300 - 450 gross per week
- 16K - 24K gross per year
- Meals; breakfast and dinner included
- Flexible working hours
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Ski pass
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- A performance-based, end of season bonus of potentially up to 3 weeks’ salary
A British company, this prestigious company has a number of boutique and high end chalet's in Val'D'Isere. The company is visited by wealthy guests, VIPs and celebrities from around the world, and the chalets cater to the highest calibre of clients. With 5* service, incredible food and chauffeur services, the guests are treated to a lavish and indulgent ski trip. Val'D'isere is one of the most popular and famous resorts of the French Alps.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of your chalet, manage and work alongside the Host/s and Chef in your chalet to ensure guests receive 5* service. You should be able to demonstrate exceptional management skills, coordinating the day to day operations and performance of each individual member of your chalet team, with the key objective in mind of delivering world-class hospitality; creating a unique and memorable holiday experiences for every guest. You should lead by example and with a hands on approach co-ordinate and work as a team to deliver 5* Service.
Management of the team in the chalet:
- Co-ordination of the day to day operations in the chalet; service & housekeeping duties
- Daily meetings with the chalet team and a weekly planning meeting (Monday)
- Plan rotas for the team to ensure you have cover for days off and fair work time/down time for all
- Co-ordinate handover notes for your day off
- Manage your chef to ensure shopping orders are complete; budgets are being maintained; stock takes are completed; daily temperature checks are being carried out and any special requests from the guests are purchased
- Management, work planning and nurturing each member of your chalet team
- Train and motivate of your team
- Ensure the presentation of staff is to a high standard
- Report any HR issues to the HR Manager to ensure problems are being dealt with immediately, consistently and efficiently.
- Ensure deadlines are met for financial and non-financial paperwork:
- Weekly rotas for your team
- Weekly Chalet Accounts Pack for budget assessment and accounting purposes
- Weekly Manager Reports
- Weekly Guest Reports
- Managing in-chalet stock levels
- Weekly linen count, keeping a close track of your linen
- Maintain chalet inventory of equipment, crockery, furniture & linen
- Collect guests’ payment as necessary; for lift passes, wine, massages and any non-package extras
- Update supplies of bread, flowers and newspapers depending on number of guests
- Call the guests pre-arrival to discuss any special requirements
- Ensure all arrival literature is correctly displayed - Contact Cards, Welcome Letters & Resort Information Folder
- Ensure the feedback questionnaires are being placed on beds the night before departure and handed in to Resort Manager
- Ensure the guest book is placed on coffee table the day before departure.
- Delivering as a team 5* Customer Service:
- Communication with the Sales Team and your guests pre-arrival & post-departure to ensure all guests' requirements are being met
- Act as a concierge and ensure guest queries are answered speedily and any special requests are met at the earliest opportunity
- Arrange any ski hire, ski school or lift pass requirements
- Book restaurants for lunches and the chef’s night off
- Report any guest issues to the FOH Manager
- Plan “wows” and other special occasions for your guests
- Create a warm, home from home atmosphere in the chalet from the guests’ arrival through to departure
- Delivery of high standards of service; through serving early morning tea trays, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks, canapés, dinner and after dinner drinks
- Set and clear dining tables and dining room – including table decoration
- Work with the chef to ensure any special requests, likes, dislikes and any food requirements are met.
- Provide cooked breakfast on chef’s day off
- Delivery of our House wines and up-sell to our ‘A La Carte’ Wine list.
- To be always conscious of general hygiene, maintaining high health and safety standards
- Chalet cleanliness and presentation including inside and areas outside the chalets
- Daily clean; evening turn down service; weekly clean; deep cleans at the beginning, mid and end of the season; daily laundry duties and other necessary cleaning to ensure chalet is presented to the highest standards
- Ensure napkins, tea towels and table cloths are laundered daily
- Ensure your chalet is stocked with necessary cleaning equipment and products
- Manage your chef to ensure daily, weekly and deep cleans are being carried out
- General chalet maintenance; ensure issues are being reported and fixed speedily.
- Oversee Jacuzzi checks and ensuring the log book is maintained and complies to legal standards
- Build and maintain ice bars with your team
- Snow clearing
- Open and close your chalet to the exact company standards.
- This role would suit someone with the following skill set:
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- Proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun
- Smart appearance
- Desire to constantly please and take pride in their chalet
- Previous 5* hospitality, chalet work or silver service experience is preferable
- Previous general management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation/time management skills
- Administrative and accounting skills (preferred)
- Computer skills, including Word & spread sheets
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life
Excellent English is required. If you speak conversational French, Russian or another European language this would be an advantage but not required.
The client is interviewing candidates now. The role is starting ASAP.