A male British Principal in his 60s is looking for a live in Butler to work full time by his side. You must speak a good level of English and conversational French to be considered.
The Principal is a British man in his 60s who lives in both the South of France and in London. He is a friendly principal who does not organise large parties and leads a calm existence. He does travel regularly within Europe and overseas, but considers both London and the South of France as home. The household also employs housekeepers and a Chef.
As a live in full time butler, you will be by the Principal’s side for his every need. You will be travelling with in throughout Europe, drive the Principal everywhere, pack and unpack suitcases and serve him. This is an extremely hands on role where you will serve all of the Principal’s need. The Principal does not want a traditional style butler, no silver service is needed. The role would be highly suited for a junior butler as the Principal would like to train the butler into the role, rather than having many traditional butler habits. The Travelling Butler/Chauffeur role is to accompany the Principal to ensure he is comfortable at all times, providing day-to-day support & assistance. There must be a willingness to work with all staff in a professional manner, communicating effectively and handling any issues quickly in an expert manner.
- Chauffeuring duties in UK and Europe
- Vehicle upkeep, valeting and overseeing maintenance
- Answer residence phone, receive guests at the door and supervise the reception of visitors
- Provide hands on everyday real time oversight of all house technology: security and fire systems, wifi, heating, AC etc
- Learn procedures and liaise with external support
- Manage the household’s schedules and calendars
- Arrange appointments for personal and professional needs
- Handle household bills and administrative duties
- Run errands and perform necessary tasks
- Ensure the security of the residence at all times
- Work with other household staff, such as Housekeepers and Private Chefs
- Oversee the household inventory supplies
- Concierge and travel bookings
- Schedule and oversee contractors and maintenance programmes
- Assist with household and family security measures
- Shop for food, supplies and other requested items
- Understand social etiquette and formal service.
- Assist with planning and organizing parties and events in the home
- Oversee and participate in proper table settings and entertainment prep
- Serve meals and drinks and perform waiting services related thereto
- Knowledgeable about wines and spirits and oversee the wine cellar and inventory
- Willing to perform ad hoc service tasks themselves in addition to delegating to other staff
- Heavy duty cleaning and maintenance
The first house is in the South of France, the second property is in London. You will be travelling with the Principal throughout Europe. You are not required to travel with the Principal when he travels outside of Europe. This is a live in role so you will have your own bedroom and en-suite.
This role required an enormous amount of flexibility and dedication to the Principal and hours will be moulded around the Principal’s needs. However when the Principal travels outside of Europe you will not be required to accompany him therefore those will be your days off.
You should speak a good level of English. Swedish, French or Portuguese is a bonus if you speak this additional language(s)
You must be able to drive.
Negotiable depending on experience. The client would like to pay up to £500net a week, but is happy to consider more experienced candidates.
The Principal is interviewing now, with the role available to start ASAP.