A large family property in Highgate, London N6 are looking for an experienced and professional Butler to join their fully staffed household.
- £35,000 gross per year for Mon-Fri (8am-4:30pm)
- Full contract and 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Additional hours paid in overtime
- Holiday to increase with length of service
- Generous bonus scheme
The family live in a large property in Highgate, London, N6. The mother and father live in the main property and are in residence around 30% of the year. Their daughter and her family live in the second property, the properties are both fully staffed with over 50 members of staff. They have no pets in the household.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Front of House service, meeting and greeting guests.
- All types of service required including butler, silver, tray, bar and pool.
- Cleaning and restocking of bars, coffee, tea and water points as required.
- China Specialist cleaning techniques and polishing of and silverware.
- Maintaining general cleanliness in pantry areas, stock rooms, service areas e.g. Garden Pavilions.
- Conservation and care of silver, gilt and crystal items.
- Stock taking and inventories including china, silverware, crystal, cigars, wines and spirits.
- Cellar management of fine wine, spirits and cigars.
- Responsible for stock rotation.
- Acceptance and movement of deliveries.
- Furniture and room adjustments to Principal’s and guest’s preference as required.
- Coordinating luggage delivery and collection from rooms.
- Valeting duties to include packing and unpacking.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Responsible for training, supervising and directing the Under Butlers.
- Responsible for maintaining and running designated areas.
- Adapting to changes during service/family in residence in a quick and professional manner.
- Key management and meeting room management.
- Standing in for the Senior Butler when required.
- Ability to work efficiently independently or within the wider team.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Head Butler or member of the senior management team.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
The family live Highgate, London, N6 and this is a live-out role so you should be within easy commuting distance to the property.
- Monday – Friday
- 8am-4:30pm will be your core hours
- Some weekends will be required on a rota basis with the other Butlers, the late shift when on rota is 12pm-8:30pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
You must speak a good level of English.
You do not need to drive. You should be an experienced and professional Butler with experience of working in a large fully staffed property. You should always be discreet and confidential.
The family are looking to start interviewing ASAP