The private home owners of three grouse moors who are considered the premier Grouse shooting operation in the world are looking for a lovely Butler to join their team. Their hospitality is based on an unrivalled private wine cellar, and top quality ingredient led food. They have a team of staff in place, but are looking for an addition mid level Butler. The role would be live in (shared staff accommodation provided - and would run 1st August through to 31st October inclusive). Please only apply if you are available for the entire booking.
You will be working within a team of Butlers and other staff whom already work full time at the estate. The whole team carry the weight with not a strong hierarchy in place, so they are looking for the right team member to get involved in all aspects of the shooting season. The all work hard and have a great time together during the summer months. Things change quickly and you should be able to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations.
You should have previous experience as a Butler, fit and active, not overly formal or stuffy but proactive and prepared to muck in with the rest of the team. Although you should understand formal service, the principal is down to earth. So you should have formal service experience, but be down to earth yourself! An interest in the countryside, strong wine and food knowledge is important. You will be line managed by the House Manager, who in turn reports into the Hospitality Manager and Head Chef. You should have knowledge in wine service and wines as the wine service is vast and holds incredible wines.
Daily duties include:
- Manage Wine cellar under hospitality manager supervision
- Organise wine to travel on to the Grouse Moor for 11’s/Lunch
- Lay table/clean and polish glasses from night before
- From time to time help with Lunch service on the Grouse Moor if required
- Serve drinks and run bar during evening drinks and canapés
- Serve wine during dinner
- Manage any wine tasting's
- Serve after dinner drinks in Games room up to around midnight
- Front of house and guest service
- Assist House Manager where necessary
The estate is near Newcastle, UK. This is a live in role and you will be provided accommodation in the shared staff area for the duration of the booking.
Wine organisation, glasses and table laying (plus any other work required): 9.30am to 2pm. Service and set up: 6pm to 12pm. This is a 7 day a week role for the duration of the booking. 1st of August to the 31st of October. There is time off in between service, and the whole team work hard to support each other.
You should speak a good level of English.
You should have experience as a Butler with a good working knowledge of wines, most importantly be a team player!
- £110 - £140 per day / £770 - £980 per week depending on experience (figures are in gross)
- Shared accommodation provided
- Travel costs to and from the Estate
Interviews taking place, with the booking starting on the 1st of August to the 31st of August.